AlexJones

= Post title =

[Alex Jones] - [Banned for stabbing a shitload of people]

= For game bans =

SS14 account: Alex Jones
Character name: Diddles
Type of Ban: Perm Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 9pm central time usa, 8-3-22
Reason for Ban: "got killed for breaking into sci, proceeded to blame sci for mental breakdown, which lead to him stabbing shitloads of people"
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story:I did not break into sci, i asked RD to be a science clown, he said ask hop, i did, hop said yes. end of story right? he said ask hop, i asked hop, im science clown the way i see it.

RD killed me for no good reason, then tried to gib my body with his bonesaw. Then one of his underlings fatally poisined me three times in a row. I told sec and they beat me and mocked me. I realize now i should have just bwoinked/reported RD at the start. But i took it in stride and tried to RP it out. That ended poorly.

But i did not "stab shitloads of people" i stabbed ONE single lawyer with a spear. and was instantly bwoinked by this admin. I explained to this admin that my clown was having a mental break and going psycho. and i think given the story it makes sense on the RP level. but im not trying to justify it. I ALSO SAID i recognize me doing that wasnt fun for the lawyer and i shouldnt have killed him. and i said as much to this admin, and apologized for my behavior and said i wouldnt do it again.

He said nothing, then i see this ban. Which is false, the beginning and end are false. I gave the admin the name of the player who poisened me three times for no reason, and the name of the RD that tried to permakill me. 
Why you think you should be unbanned:

I think i should be unbanned because i killed one single person, after being understandbly frustrated at being killed many times(for no reason literally). i also recongize both of my mistakes (killing the lawyer and not reporting my killers at the start) and apologized for it. I dont feel i deserve a perma ban at all for killing one single person. I gave the name of a person that murdered me three times as a joke.. i try really hard to RP well, and to be nice/and or entertaining. I feel i generally follow the rules and am fun to play with. 

Anything else we should know: If you have anything else you feel is relevant to your
appeal, include it here.

I played this round with Diddles as pAI carried by Diddles. Diddles apparently was making ipecac grenade (which is cringe, getting semi-permanent slowdown because "vomit funny" is pretty bad).

RD Ben Harded saw clown do that and took clown's beaker. Clown requested it back, then punched RD. RD went ballistic on clown with circsaw, then set critted clown on fire with flaregun. This is first time clown dies.

Later on clown was asking help from security, security did nothing useful, only punched clown a bit.

Then Diddles went to HoP to get help. HoP did not do anything useful. With clown at R&D again, Cesar Davies, scientist, poisoned clown with syringe. Medbay saved clown that time, pretty sure.

After no luck with sec or HoP solving the issue, Diddles turned to janitors, seemingly seeking to stage uprising. Shutter door (Marathon station) was messed up by someone, so Cesar Davies entered the room and injected clown with poison again. This time clown dies, second time.

pAI me was later on handed over to different people, so I have no commentary on further fate of clown. Fact is, you can lethally attack clown three times before clown does anything and no one will stop you. Diddles probably would have been better off to just F1 the moment RD kills them.

Alt of "Myctai" for forum, extra details on About Me page.

I would really like to get back to playing ss14 on this server. Like many others here, i am new. This has been my only ban other than a previous temp job ban on the MRP server that expires soon. I have been playing on the Nanotrasen Mrp server for the last 5 days with absolutely no issues. 

I really did only murder one person when the admin messaged me. i DID blame others for my actions (because i was killed 4 or 5 times and in med bay almost the whole round). But i ALSO shortly after apologized and said i wouldn't do it again. I have no idea why the admin that issued this ban said i stabbed shitloads of people. He is either bald-faced lying, or listening to another player without verifying the facts. As you can imagine i'm very frustrated with this situation. 

I help others when i play and i've definitely been careful on the other server as i've learned a lesson from this. Right now this server is the only populated one and i just want to play. I think 5 days is more than fair for murdering one person ooc. Especially for someone new to space station and learning what you can and cant do.  A perm ban is incredibly unfair in my view. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey AlexJones,

I have reviewed the circumstances of your ban. Judging from your own posts, the logs, and the posts of Myctai, I can only chalk this up to poorly handled escalation on both sides. This could have easily been prevented if you had admin-helped the situation before it spiraled out of control and became extremely difficult to follow. It also could have been mitigated if you were not constantly attempting to make ipecac smoke/bombs as the clown. If you want to make and experiment with bombs, play scientist and use them in a testing environment. The clown's job is to be funny, not be an arsonist. And finally, "roleplaying" a "mental break" and taking out your frustration on a random lawyer is not appropriate.

All these factors considered, however, staff consensus is to accept this appeal. 

EDIT: Staff has decided that your current user of "AlexJones" is not an appropriate username. This ban will be lifted, but you will have to make a new user account with a more appropriate name. Once you do that, you should be able to connect appropriately.

Edited by lonesoldier55
Update