Frankisdonewithit - Banned without warning, the reason is a link to the ban appeal forum

Frankisdonewithit

SS14 account: Frankisdonewithit
Character name: Heinz Thallman
Type of Ban: Game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 01/08/2022 (British time)

Reason for Ban: "Metacomms.appeal @ forum.ss14.io"
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizards Den Lizard (US West)
Your side of the story: I was playing with my friend as a cook setting up in the kitchen with dough and cheese and all of a sudden he got a kill sign above his head, I was in a Discord call with him (not using that to plot anything I have read rule 11) he was confused and I killed him hoping i could get him cloned and respawned and we could start cooking as we had been wanting to do cooking for a while. Then when his body was on the floor I get an admin message saying "he's prime burger meat" and I asked what he meant and that I wanted to have him cloned so we could be cooks, I then asked the admin what my friend did and he said he couldn't tell me. My friend was panicking thinking he was gonna get banned and I told the admin that my friend didn't know what he did, the admin proceeded to ask if I was in a Discord call with him and I told him that we were, he then proceeded to ban me and him without warning (the admin was called moon if I remember correctly) (refer to image attached for reason and ban)
Why you think you should be unbanned: I really enjoy this game and I'm quite upset that I'm banned from the largest English speaking server. I don't know what I did to get banned, I have had 2 warnings for attacking people, 1 of which was cleared as it was self defence. It's annoying since I didn't even get a reason as to why I was banned and was just referred to the appeal forum (look at the image attached for reference), from what I can gather merely being in a Discord with someone got us banned? It's not against the rules and we weren't plotting and we were actually in character since we like RP'ing.  
Anything else we should know: My friend is yet to appeal since he has gone to bed and is quite upset over it but I'm sure he will soon.

image_2022-08-02_021721226.png

We were in character and attempted to do cooking together in character, no advantage was gained, and I wouldn't have know about something wrong he did to get him banned but you engaged in dialogue with me first, this does not fall under the definition of metacomming. As we weren't plotting and I wouldn't have asked about why he was getting banned since in character I wouldn't know, you spoke to me first.

Edited by Frankisdonewithit
restate some points

2 hours ago, moony said:

I was suspicious and decided to check if you two were metacomming. I was correct. Why did you blatantly ignore the game rules?

image.png.9ddeeade892db7a1295d2eed4f2a03e8.png

We didn't blatantly ignore rules we would only go OOC when we needed to go to the bathroom or get a drink but apart from that we were completely in character, so no advantage was gained. I don't understand?

• Game Admin

The problem with saying that you had no advantage or that what you were doing wasn’t effecting your play is that clearly it was effecting your play. An admin noticed it and banned you for it. If your behavior was not altered in any way by how you were playing, you would not be banned for it. Fundamentally, the reason you are here is because you were observed to be breaking the rules.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

On 8/5/2022 at 12:11 AM, Stealth16 said:

The problem with saying that you had no advantage or that what you were doing wasn’t effecting your play is that clearly it was effecting your play. An admin noticed it and banned you for it. If your behavior was not altered in any way by how you were playing, you would not be banned for it. Fundamentally, the reason you are here is because you were observed to be breaking the rules.

you unbanned my friend but not me. I made and appeal, you just state that "if you were banned you were banned for a reason" which is an unfair point considering that The admin put kill on him for no reason and I just asked what's happened since he was panicking and I didn't know what to do, he was unbanned and I don't see why I'm not, as your approach to people roleplaying is hostile and turns people who enjoy the game off it, my friend has been unbanned but wont play since I'm not playing with him. I am quite frankly annoyed with the way you have handled the situation and request an unban

On 8/5/2022 at 12:11 AM, Stealth16 said:

"if your behaviour was not altered in any way by how you were playing, you would not be banned for it" how do you know the admin hadn't had the full story and thinks that we are metacomming just by being in a vc roleplaying

• Game Admin
1 hour ago, Frankisdonewithit said:

"if your behaviour was not altered in any way by how you were playing, you would not be banned for it" how do you know the admin hadn't had the full story and thinks that we are metacomming just by being in a vc roleplaying

Being in a vc with each other AT ALL is against our server rules.

Edit: You’re right. We don’t know what you were discussing. Because we don’t have access to it. That’s why you’re banned. You used channels to communicate that other players and ourselves do not have access to, which gives you an unfair advantage. What are you confused about?

Edited by Stealth16
  • thistbh 1

• Game Admin
1 hour ago, Frankisdonewithit said:

you unbanned my friend but not me. I made and appeal, you just state that "if you were banned you were banned for a reason" which is an unfair point considering that The admin put kill on him for no reason and I just asked what's happened since he was panicking and I didn't know what to do, he was unbanned and I don't see why I'm not, as your approach to people roleplaying is hostile and turns people who enjoy the game off it, my friend has been unbanned but wont play since I'm not playing with him. I am quite frankly annoyed with the way you have handled the situation and request an unban

If your friend hasn’t appealed he hasn’t been unbanned.

• Game Admin

Hello.

I apologize for wasting your time in addition to my own. Typically I check this much sooner.

Your appeal is denied for attempted ban evasion under the name Ballcancer99. You may appeal no earlier than February 1st, 2023, which is 6 months after your last attempt to evade the ban, with a voucher of good behavior from another SS14 or SS13 server.

Lastly on the topic of your friend, Jenks, I found their ban. They are still permabanned. They were never unbanned. Your friend is playing on a different server.