Sorry admins I honestly just want to play the game

TheWildGoose

SS14 account: TheWildGoose
Character name: Goose
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: Permanent Ban, 7/31/22
Reason for Ban: "Self-admitted to metacomming with another player who had just gotta banned."
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard's Den Lizard (US West)
Your side of the story: Pretty much to sum it up my friend who I was playing with got banned then he messaged me on my phone that he was banned then I asked the admin why he banned my friend, then he accused me of metacomming then permanently banned me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm sorry for everything I've done I really just want to play the game.
Anything else: None

Edited by TheWildGoose

• Project Manager

I have no idea why you deleted and then remade your thread, but okay.

To the extent of metacommunication, the original ban reason stems from your own ahelp, seen here:

b6BOtkp.png

With this in mind, consider the following.

You initiated the ahelp to ask about another player's ban, which has absolutely no bearing on anything you're doing in round. It is already not something we are at liberty to readily discuss in the middle of a round, as it is almost never another player's concern about whether someone else gets banned. You then proceeded to tell me something about the situation that you would have had no real way of knowing unless he had told you about it as it was happening, all within 3-4 minutes of me processing the initial ban on the other player (which was only for a week, mind you).

Not only did you get yourself banned by doing this, you actually extended his ban by inquiring about the situation using knowledge that you wouldn't have had if you hadn't been communicating outside of the game. Even if your appeal is accepted, he will still have to appeal his own ban at this point because you decided to ask about this in the fashion that you did.

With all of that said, as I was the one who processed your initial ban, I cannot make a decision on this and will have to defer to someone else on the admin team to render a decision. Appeal decisions are rendered based on admin availability, so please be patient while your appeal is reviewed.