NSA is watching your cute ducks

Myctai_web

Thoughts on picrel?

Nevermind, just click the lock near URL to find certificate information. This website uses Cloudflare.

Why this forum is garbling up images?

Edited by Myctai_web
forum ate image and made it into useless noise

Alt of "Myctai" for forum, extra details on About Me page.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 8:07 AM, Myctai_web said:

On topic of forum eating images, it seems to be related to HTML5 Canvas usage.

Why do this... I kinda hate software forum is using.

Quack

• Like 1

Resident Bird Fanatic
Cult of the Many Eyed Birb

image.png.98fbe77cadcabb55baa93e3604af17e7.png

Clown.png.d109ac185717694cbf0e12a75b38b08c.png

• 2 weeks later...

No thoughts?

I am honestly puzzled by how normal feeding vast amount of data to some big tech startup is considered nowadays. And also how speaking about it here is frowned upon.

Cloudflare is pretty much the first service that massively succeeded with "offers you bandwidth for free / cheap, but you are generally expected to have them front your entire website, breaking end-to-end principle of TLS".

I have little against giants like Akamai that been around for good while and just reliably serve requested files. But services like that usually are not set up to watch credentials and messages sent to website, thing that I hate about CF.

Kinda sucks to bring up plausible theory involving Cloudflare, theory based on personal experience with CF, and have it immediately dismissed as "fearmongering" by staff member.

Who is responsible for choice of using Cloudflare instead of any other sane CDN or no CDN at all?

Alt of "Myctai" for forum, extra details on About Me page.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 2:22 PM, Myctai_web said:

No thoughts?

I am honestly puzzled by how normal feeding vast amount of data to some big tech startup is considered nowadays. And also how speaking about it here is frowned upon.

Cloudflare is pretty much the first service that massively succeeded with "offers you bandwidth for free / cheap, but you are generally expected to have them front your entire website, breaking end-to-end principle of TLS".

I have little against giants like Akamai that been around for good while and just reliably serve requested files. But services like that usually are not set up to watch credentials and messages sent to website, thing that I hate about CF.

Kinda sucks to bring up plausible theory involving Cloudflare, theory based on personal experience with CF, and have it immediately dismissed as "fearmongering" by staff member.

Who is responsible for choice of using Cloudflare instead of any other sane CDN or no CDN at all?

You should go and live in the Alaskan wilderness.

Resident Bird Fanatic
Cult of the Many Eyed Birb

image.png.98fbe77cadcabb55baa93e3604af17e7.png

Clown.png.d109ac185717694cbf0e12a75b38b08c.png

• 2 months later...