Azur

SS14 account: Azur
Character name: Clint Patel
Type of Ban: Game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 6.26.2022, permanent ban
Reason for Ban: No homophobic slurs 
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizards Den Lizard
Your side of the story: I dont remember using said slur
Why you think you should be unbanned: I dont remember this happening, but if it did it was likely an edgy joke with a friend of mine. Not meant as actual hate speech, I apologize for using it (Although once again, I dont remember doing so)
Anything else we should know: 

• Game Admin
1 hour ago, Azur said:

I am positive this was written when I was playing as Rami, thus I knew those messages wouldnt actually show.

So, fun fact. Our database shows usernames of people, not their character name. So I don't see any context other than you just dropping 4 words that is against the rules. If you have context I would love to hear it. Though I do fail to see how exactly what character you are playing, or the context (or lack there of) will justify using words that is not allowed on our servers.

Regardless, since you are so adamant that the context will change our stance on the matter, feel free to enlighten us.

image.png.62ba3f48c9656d6f2d8c603560df14fe.png

Edited by MysticPhantasm2
typos

But it never showed up in game? I was just typing out things randomly knowing they'd basically come out as sounds Rami makes. I basically never even said them, I fail to see your logic.

Just now, Azur said:

I basically never even said them, I fail to see your logic.

But you did, there are distinct logs showing you saying them. The fact that you 'didnt remember' using them but can point out exactly what role you were using while you said them makes me feel like you weren't entirely truthful in your initial appeal. Regardless of if they 'showed up in game' it's very ignorant of you to go around spouting shit like that, in 2022 of all years.  You clearly have no issues with your actions outside of getting caught for it; my 2 cents on this appeal is to deny with a re-appeal possible in 2 months, but I would love other opinions on this one as well.

I dont think it contradicts with what I said initially at all, I didnt recall using the words because I used them in that exact context. I was typing out stuff I knew would never actually occur, meaning it was never actually said. The fact that they were in your logs doesnt change the fact that those words never appeared in game (because they werent intended to show up). 

Oh no, most certainly not. I just dont think its on the same caliber as me actually using those words for their intended purpose. Definitely not worthy of a permanent ban in my opinion. No one was harmed in the process of me doing that, no one would've even known what I typed if it werent for the Archives. Im not justifying my use of them, but come on. You've gotta see where im coming from.

• Game Admin

I am going to deny this, you can appeal again in a week. Regardless if someone can read it or not, it is still not allowed on the server in the first place. Truth be told, the actions someone takes when they think no one is watching speaks more than the actions they take when someone is watching. You are justifying your racist and homophobic slurs because no one can read it, that does not make it okay to say at all. I do not see where you are coming from, because I don't think it is funny to say those worse in the first place. 

• Raised Eyebrow 1