KVOSH's Admin Application

KVOSH

In-game Username: KVOSH
Discord username: DaveFromSteam
Characters you play: Huge Mclarge, Fry Quazar, Spencer B Pennyswaddle, Charlie Richmond, Willy P Steele, Max Brain, Blade, Seamus Halligan, Trip Hazard, Jordan Greeman
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? 80 hours on SS14 

How many hours are you available per day: weekdays about 3-5 and weekends all hours
Days you are available on: Weekdays after 5:30 apart from friday and free both saturday and sunday 

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: I have been an admin on a public Minecraft server back in the day although I have no evidence of this other then my word and understanding of the "Admin" experience.
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? I was banned for a week from nyanotransen for Metacomms, I was teaching my friends the game and didn't read the rules well. I Dm'd the owner and apologised and offered an explanation. they changed it from a perma to a week.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?  

I think the role of admins on these servers is multipurpose. the first one is enforcement of the rules when players either lack the understanding or ability of how to enforce them, themselves. But I think to say that rule enforcement is the admins primary purpose would downplaying the quality they bring to the game. I believe the other dimensions to the admin roll are to bring some enjoyment to the players themselves the admins take on the role of CentCom, This mysterious and sometimes mischievous entity that for whatever reason may decide to "spice" things up, which I believe adds this dynamic and enjoyable sense of unpredictable chaos to a station run by already unpredictable characters.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

personally I believe strongly in the idea that Roleplay on the server is heavily dependant on who you are. I believe department heads are to be played in a serious fashion because without the backbone of the crew, utter chaos will ensue. when it comes to general station crew I believe strongly in people adopting a character because its through the roleplay that the Divergent storytelling evolves. which I feel is one of SS14's strongest qualities. So I stick rather closely to the general rule of anything that isn't majorly disruptive or destructive to other people's enjoyment is a welcome addition.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

I mainly want to become an administrator because in the time I have been playing SS14 I have found a deep sense of satisfaction in the simplicity of its gameplay loop and the depth of which you can reach with the tools you are provided. I have had very positive interactions with members of the admin team whenever I have contacted them for assistance on any matter. and quite simply I want to be apart of this game to which I intend to spend many more hours playing. I want to become as much a part of this game as I feel it will become of me. So therefore I want to offer my services in whatever way I can. and I have no ability to code But I have some experience in the role of being the guiding hand that keeps the train on its track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...