Chrusty - Banned for ERP

Chrusty

SS14 account: Chrusty
Character name: Not sure. I was banned a month or so ago. Apologies.
Type of Ban: Game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: Uncertain of start date. Permanent.
Reason for Ban: "ERP. Appeal this at forum.spacestation14.io".
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard's Den Lizard [US West]
Your side of the story: Me and a friend had been messing around. I think that we were possibly the mime/janitor, or some similar pair of civvy-type roles. Anyway, we had been running around outside of security, generally being a nuisance, trying to see how far we could push it before we got arrested - nothing really bad until the ban incident. The clown had been stood outside of sec for a while, and was clearly AFK. I thought it would be funny to sidle up to the clown and emote "spreads the clown's ass cheeks like warm butter" or something equally dumb. This was perceived as ERP, and therefore I was banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I agree with the admins' decision to ban me, as it was clearly an affront to the rules for that server, and I was being stupid. However, it has been a while since the ban and I would argue the ban shouldn't be permanent. Firstly, although in retrospect what I did could be perceived as ERP, I would argue that it was slightly less severe in two respects - for one, I didn't actually intend it to be "erotic", I was just sorta messing around and trying to irritate the security. Secondly, the clown had been AFK for a while - of course I wouldn't have emoted something like this at an active player. Again, I would like to emphasise that I'm not saying the admins were wrong in their decision, and they were just doing their duty in defending the rules - however, I believe that I have served my time for this incident, and I can ABSOLUTELY promise that nothing as stupid as this will ever happen again.
Anything else we should know: Nothing really. Apologies again for causing problems, I suppose.

• moony locked this topic