NonDrip - Banned for giving AA for "no reason" after warning

NonDrip

SS14 account: NonDrip
Character name: Tex Dripmore
Type of Ban: Job Ban.
Date of Ban and Duration: 7/21/22, banned from the server for 60 mins but permabanned from HoP.
Reason for Ban:  Gave out AA after being explicitly told not to do that.
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: So, a clown approached me at the beginning of the round, asking for AA. I'm new to HoP and I had little understanding of the actual effects of just giving out AA. After giving it to the clown, an admin warned me not to give it out for no reason. I assumed it was because I gave so much access to an inherently mischievous position. So, when an engineer approached me, with a reason involving leaving the station, I gave him access. Soon after I was banned. 

At first I was confused but upon asking the Discord about this, they explained to me the actual weight of just giving someone access to everything, no matter the job or the reason. This is, without question, my fault.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm still new to this game, and I didn't realize what qualified as "no reason". I'm genuinely sorry for any sort of issues I've caused with this. I love this game, and I'd appreciate the opportunity to prove to you that I can learn from my mistakes. I'll never give AA again, and if I do, I deserve whatever repercussions follow.
Anything else we should know: Attached is the conversation that I had on the Discord. Once again, I'm very sorry about this and I promise this won't happen again.

DiscordConvo.PNG

Hey NonDrip,

Staff consensus is to accept this appeal and reduce the duration of the ban to two weeks from now from permanent (this ban will automatically lift on 08/06/2022 at about 0230 EST). Please understand that giving out all-access as Head of Personnel almost always causes severe problems for the rest of the station then it solves problems and is forbidden without a very good reason. Have fun.

• Like 1