NEOVOID - Emptying a clip into a crowd

NEOV0ID

SS14 account: NEOVOID
Character name: Dalton Gibson
Type of Ban: Server Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: Today(20th July, 2022), permanent.
Reason for Ban: Emptied a clip into a crowd of security officers/heads, then logged off when sent into the chess dimension.
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard.
Your side of the story: I was playing as sec, and I was eating food at botany, when 2 people approached me saying that someone who got arrested before tried breaking into the helm, I went to arrest him but he resisted, I tried using a baton regularly but it didn't work for some reason. So I went harm-baton and another person started attacking me, who then I followed and tried to hit with the harm-baton. After a bit of chasing another person got involved (might be the first person mentioned) and attacked me, then he rallied a crowd to kill me (not sure how big but it was about 5-6 maybe more). When I hid in sec, I managed to arm myself with a rifle and 2 mags, when I came out of the armoury, one of the officers who was inside started to beat me with a harm-baton, when I got up I backed off from them and shot them and the other officer who was chasing me with a baton. Then someone opened the doors to sec so I shot at the mass of people trying to kill me. When I wasted my ammo I ran to the detective's office and found a vector, which I used. Then I was teleported to the chessboard, which I stayed on and I only logged off when the round ended. 
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe that what I did wasn't good but certainly exaggerated, I explained very little to the mod because I didn't have time. And I think that what I did was justified because I was defending myself. I also did not leave when I got sent to the chess dimension, but rather when the round ended and we were in the lobby waiting for the next round. I don't have much time on sec, and the time I have I had mostly used disablers and tazers, not my baton so I didn't know how to quite use it without harm on (and yes, I have my baton on constantly), when I asked someone how to use a few days ago it they told me harm has to be on.
Anything else we should know: I only now noticed I was banned, not when the server was in the lobby.

So at any point during that entire exchange did you think to yourself ' Hey, I've managed to piss people off to the point of lynching, maybe I'm in the wrong."? This situation definitely doesn't fall into escalation rules.

On 7/23/2022 at 6:06 PM, AWHayes said:

So at any point during that entire exchange did you think to yourself ' Hey, I've managed to piss people off to the point of lynching, maybe I'm in the wrong."? This situation definitely doesn't fall into escalation rules.

Yes, I know it's wrong to use the harm-baton and that the situation could have been avoided, but I didn't just randomly kill somebody. Did I do something wrong? Yes. Was the response deserved? No. I'm not saying what I did was right, but I've never seen people respond that way to a situation even when some sec RK'ed.