[BillZenith] - [Replying]

BillZenith

SS14 account: BillZenith
Character name: Bartlebee Deedletrix
Type of Ban: Permanent ban, from the server.
Date of Ban and Duration: 7/17, 4:04 P.M. CST
Reason for Ban: "Was asked not to Disassemble the escape shuttle. Replied "very cringe! No!"
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I was admittedly Disassembling the shuttle, but I have been doing it for a while before an admin got involved, but whatever.
Why you think you should be unbanned:  I understand now that they were doing an event, and with two admins talking at you at the same time, I believe that one message had been confused to be towards one admin, when it was towards another. I also see that this is some kind of event round, which I was not aware of, it being 5 minutes into my shift, snatching a tool belt and getting onto the shuttle.
Anything else we should know: I got another message before the ban, saying that I was ignoring a staff member, but that's not what the ban is about, I'm also confused on that front so if anyone could clear that up, that would be very cool. Thank you for reading I suppose.

1 minute ago, mirrorcult said:

When a staff member asks you "Hey, can you stop doing that?" and you reply "No", I would definitely class that as ignoring a staff member.

I would call that disagreeing, but that does clear it up more, thank you!

Yeah that's just a polite way of saying "Knock it off or you'll get banned." This is a simple case of 'fucked around and found out'. When you do stuff that is blatantly against the rules, it's not surprising that there are consequences for your actions; especially when you have to agree to the rules before beginning to play.

I understand a ban, this makes sense if I was somehow ruining something, I had already taken out the gravity and generators, which whatever. I am confused with the length of it. Making it more clear in the future that I was being threatened with a lifelong ban would be much better, and I would've taken the entire situation a lot more seriously. I don't think they should be given out for one-time run-ins, the effects of which were erased not 5 minutes later.

Edited by BillZenith
needed to add a word to make it coherent

It's not life-long if you are able to appeal, which you are. You broke rules, there are consequences for it. We don't 'threaten' people with bans outside of warnings for conduct. It was your attitude when dealing with admins that resulted in it being an appeal-ban. Believe it or not we don't appreciate when people blatantly disregard the rules and try to be coy and snarky about it. We're all volunteers and we don't have time to sift through bullshit.

I apologize if I appear to come off as coy or snarky, I sincerely do attempt to be straightforward when I am being serious. The round seemed to be more of a meme round than anything else, so I was in a goofier mood, and the admins contacting me did not at first sober me up. as to the last sentence, you wouldn't have to sift through bullshit if you'd make bans like this not permanent, but more like a week or month to give the recipient time to think about it and come in refreshed. I would not even know about this appeal process had I not gotten in trouble within the discord for saying that I was banned. Thank you for taking the time to read this in it's entirety.

• Game Admin
4 hours ago, BillZenith said:

Making it more clear in the future that I was being threatened with a lifelong ban would be much better

Do you recognize how "I would have responded differently if I knew there would be consequences for my misbehavior" is not a good look for you?

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

Yes, I do. I have had admins talk to me before, and most were okay with me goofing around with them. I had no reason to believe that this time would result in some sort of ban or punishment, and as such was taking a more lackadaisical towards the situation. clearly this has been a misjudgment on my part that I am now paying the price for. Thank you for reading this in it's entirety.

• 2 weeks later...