Any fix for that goddamned 'Failed to Download Server Content'?

TheDellInTheShell

• 1 month later...

Oi, hello, sorry for the late reply. I'm just now getting back to the game after a long hiatus.

I used to have the same problem -- wait a minute, I see you recently posted a ban appeal. So you got it working. Good.

I have no idea what caused the issue, beside one theory: content was hosted by Cloudflare, everyone's favorite NSA honeypot watching (and I mean it, every single bit of information going to or from website) scary share of websites on Internet.

Cloudflare is known to do stuff like blocking innocent "git clone" on gitlab.com HTTPS git remotes.

Chances are snakeoil security features of Cloudflare considered TheDellInTheShell's attempt to download server content suspect and blocked it.

• Raised Eyebrow 1

Alt of "Myctai" for forum, extra details on About Me page.

19 hours ago, Myctai_web said:

I have no idea what caused the issue, beside one theory: content was hosted by Cloudflare, everyone's favorite NSA honeypot watching (and I mean it, every single bit of information going to or from website) scary share of websites on Internet.

Cloudflare is known to do stuff like blocking innocent "git clone" on gitlab.com HTTPS git remotes.

Chances are snakeoil security features of Cloudflare considered TheDellInTheShell's attempt to download server content suspect and blocked it.

This just isn't the source of the issue and you're just fearmongering.

Fuck off, buddy.
For the record the actual issue was likely the SSL issue a lot of people get on Win7 that we cannot do much about.

Edited by moony

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...