NitsuaTheFirst Ban Appeal: Inappropriate Language

NitsuaTheFirst

SS14 account: NitsuaTheFirst
Character name: Quirked Up White Boy
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: Either Wednesday 06/29/22 or Thursday 06/30/22 - Temp then upgraded to perma
Reason for Ban: ERP and suggested erotica in chat.
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I hopped on to play with my roommate and our group of friends hoping to meme around and have a good time. I decided that my gimmick for this session would be the meme "Quirked up white boy". https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/quirked-up-white-boy-goated-with-the-sauce. Therefore I made reference to "busting it down sexual style" a handful of times, leading to my ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I made several jokes that could be seen in a sexual nature, that I will not disagree, however suggesting that it was ERP and erotica I feel is quite an overstatement. I believe that the temp ban was a more justified ban, even though I do not agree with the circumstances that lead to it. I am simply looking to remove the permanent IP ban so that my roommate can continue playing with our friends, you can keep my account banned I don't really care. 

This is one of the big reasons we do not allow character names that are pop-culture references. 'Gimmicks' end up detracting from RP when people try to rely on them to be funny, instead of creating engaging situations. Metacomming is also a thing that is very against the rules, so this scenario of you and your friends trying to meme around together as you say, it's a bit suspect.

Never thought about it before, but, you are right on gimmicks detracting from the RP experience. I believe we can use this as a learning moment. My friends and I can help create interesting, engaging and entertaining RP situations without the use of gimmicks, metacomming, and of course inappropriate language. If you choose to unban you have me at my word that something like this would never happen again.

• 2 weeks later...