Ban Appeal

Rich0rd

•  

SS14 account: Rich0rd
Character name: Big Bone Williams (I think that was the name, I might be wrong, I change it on the regular due to read below)
Type of Ban: Game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 26th of June, permanent.
Reason for Ban: "Salting in IC and OOC over restartvotes/etc, murderboning as traitor, and generally being a dick to other players. Come back when you can be nice."
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard's Den Lizard [US West]
Your side of the story: Round ended, I was banned. No warning, nothing.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Real simple. Because I am a nice person and I do not think I deserve to be permabanned, especially out of the blue like this. I'm no racist or bigot, in fact I am straight against that type of shit. I teach people when they ask to be taught and willingly share my knowledge. Because others were nice enough to do the same for me. I do not self-antag, I play with the ruleset in mind.
Anything else we should know: Extreme amounts of toxicity in the player base. Issues like rampant valid hunting, self-antags, an absolute lack of role timers and the current player behavior of immediately restarting rounds when they die is ruining way too many rounds way too early. Yes, the game is in early development. But most of the aforementioned problems are player-based, not code-based.

I am open to address other things if I've been unclear in anything.

• thistbh 1
  • Haha 1

Rich0rd: at that point I just ridicule them for fun
Rich0rd: so yeah, when you tell me to tone it down I get why.

Quote from an ahelp of yours.

Why should I unban you if you personally admit to being shitty toward other players for fun.

You also constantly pull shit like this:

Rich0rd: Okay, so am I to understand that security is now allowed to murderbone and effectively end someone's round whenever they make an empty threat?
metalgearsloth: it's not a murderbone
metalgearsloth: you're just surprised someone treated you like an antag when you act like it
Rich0rd: Okay, screenshot taken for future use and acknowledged.
metalgearsloth: don't use this an excuse to grief people

Where you happily take someone's words and use it as a reason to be a shitty person to other players, and are shitty to our staff in ahelps.

Again, why should I let you back in when you act like this?

You act shitty in-game and out of game, and then act surprised when people penalize you (whether it be by arrest, murder, or ahelp) for acting shitty.

Edited by moony

13 minutes ago, moony said:

You also constantly pull shit like this:

Where you happily take someone's words and use it as a reason to be a shitty person to other players, and are shitty to our staff in ahelps.

Again, why should I let you back in when you act like this?

You act shitty in-game and out of game, and then act surprised when people penalize you (whether it be by arrest, murder, or ahelp) for acting shitty.

For anybody who cares, I was a late-join passenger and had nothing on me.

I made a stupid empty threat at the HoP that I'd bomb their place if they would not give AA. A few minutes later I return to the HoP office. Still empty handed, with nothing other than starting passenger gear on me. 

Then the Head of Security approached me, gunned me down without a word with their submachine gun, took my corpse not to medical to clone and detain me but to security instead. Did not even search me, stuffed me into a locker and then moved that locker into a cell.

It was then that I ahelped this case and the snippet above is from the resulting conversation.

The previous quote is not even worth going into extensively. TL;DR is that I got treated like shit and treated people back equally.

If this is how perma-ban appeals are handled then quite honestly I'll take my playtime elsewhere. I don't need admin abuse like this and like other times I've personally experienced it.

Edited by Rich0rd