Tazerballs, first time offense perma ban

Tazerballs

SS14 account: Tazerballs
Character name: I forgot
Type of Ban: Game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 2-3 months
Reason for Ban: I killed HoP, then left immediately.
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizards den lizard
Your side of the story: I was about to go to bed and I killed HoP
Why you think you should be unbanned: I keep seeing my friends play this server and I see all the new updates and I promise not to do anything stupid and actually read the rules.
Seeing the roleplay and interactions you can have seems like alot of fun and I would really like to get into the game and play with my friends, I just made a stupid decision and I promise I won't do anything like that again.
Anything else we should know: Nothing much other than making sure to strictly follow the rules next time and not base any of my actions on if I think its funny

I forgot that I even made another account in the first place and thought that this was my main. On why I tried to ban evade is because after I killed the guy I logged off, and when did that I didn't see that I could appeal the ban, so the next day I got on discord and my friend was talking about how I was banned so I tried to make a new account and changed my ip, it didn't work so I just gave up, until just a couple days ago my friend said I should appeal my ban. I forgot that I even made another account in the first place and thought that this was my main

21 hours ago, Tazerballs said:

I forgot that I even made another account in the first place and thought that this was my main. On why I tried to ban evade is because after I killed the guy I logged off, and when did that I didn't see that I could appeal the ban, so the next day I got on discord and my friend was talking about how I was banned so I tried to make a new account and changed my ip, it didn't work so I just gave up, until just a couple days ago my friend said I should appeal my ban. I forgot that I even made another account in the first place and thought that this was my main

Sorry but your appeal stinks as does this reasoning.

Why didn’t you read the rules when you’re forced to on connecting for the first time?

Regardless, why did you think it was okay to kill someone and disconnect. If you think that’s sound judgment in a multiplayer roleplaying game, ruining someone else’s round for literally no reason then how can we trust you not to do the same when you get bored?

Your reason for being unbanned is also not a reason. Should think about the consequences of your actions before you do them. 

Trying to ban evade because you “didn’t read the rules” and “didn’t know you could appeal” are also both bad excuses and don’t fly. It’s not okay anywhere else and when connecting it typically tells you to appeal on the website.

All that aside I’d be willing to give you another shot, so one more time, why should we let you back in. Alternatively, here’s the rules, let me know which ones you broke.

https://github.com/space-wizards/space-station-14/blob/master/Resources/Server Info/Rules.txt

Chief ideaguy

I'll just say everything I know and did.

I became a security officer and was playing through the round, and I noticed it was a bit late and I was bored and thought it would be funny to kill someone for no reason, so I decided to go into sec and kill HoP, and I think I released a prisoner and then left immediately.

Also I didn't read the rules and just kinda skipped through it and started to play.

The only rule I knew was to not kill people for no reason.

I also thought I wouldn't get banned if I left immediately after I killed someone.

I just keep seeing my friends play this game and I want to mess with the chemicals.

I just want another chance to play this game and actually have fun not mess up the round for anyone for no reason.

And if I do get banned again well I guess thats the end of it.

But I don't understand why I got perma banned.

I thought it would only be a week or a month.

I didn't think it would be that bad to kill someone and leave and possibly ruin the round for him.

But it's been months now and that dude probably forgot I even existed.

I get that it's to stop people from constantly messing up rounds for people but a perma ban for killing one person and leaving seems a bit obsurd.

I just want another chance to play this game because my friend actually showed me how things work.

I promise not to do anything stupid and ruin the round for people just because I think its funny.

And the reason I tried to ban evade was because I was too lazy to get my ban appealed.

And if I get bored again I won't break the rules and get banned, because all the new mechanics this game is getting looks fun as hell and I really don't want to be banned and miss out on all the fun.

The reason I didn't really know anything is because my friends just begged me to play this game so I did and they didn't really teach me much about the game except not to kill anyone.

But after getting banned I saw all the cool things you can do in space station 14 and I just want to get back into it.