kyeeell Ban re-Appeal

kyeeell

It has come to my attention that my previous post wasn't sufficient and lacked transparency. As requested, I waited a week and will be reappealing now (1 week from original posting day). The majority of the appeal will remain the same but I will attempt to explain more in the "Anything else we should know" section

SS14 account: Kyeeell

Character name: George Flourance

Type of Ban: Game Ban

Date of Ban and Duration: Banned 5/26/22 @ 10:27PM EST Permanently 

Reason for Ban: "Shooting Spree as HoS, unreachable through ahelp. Banning admin Stealth16. Appeal at forums.ss14.io"

Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard

Your side of the story: So, I've never played HoS, and am fairly new to the game. HoS is a low priority job for me so I was surprised to be picked for it. I joined in, tried to get a feel for the area, and then a man in a clown-looking outfit threw a giant sword at me. I killed him in retaliation, as self defense is reasonable here. I was then attacked by a group of people because they felt as if the murder wasn't justified.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm new to the game, it was a one time mistake, I thought it was okay since I was acting in self defense. I didn't know what the admin help dialog was, I assumed it was someone else asking for help, so I had ignored it and went AFK as someone's PDA ai.

Anything else we should know: After being able to sit on the issue for a week, I'd like to give some clarification on the roommate situation and be as honest as I'm able. I DO have roomates (4 total including myself), I am willing to prove this if necessary using our signed roommate agreement. Two of us have played SS14 actively together, I believe one other has made an account. Personally, I own Kyeeell and Kraftingkage. Kraftingkage was created on the first day I played because I didn't understand the game and was killed very fast. I have logged into that account on the day it was created and once or twice after I was banned. If I can leverage any defense here, I was curious if I was account banned or computer banned. I'm an IT professional (and always aspired to be an indie dev) and sometimes stuff like that interests me. I recognize this absolutely f*cked me in my last application, and I want to be honest and upfront about it.

I'm aware one of my roomates has DumpTruck28, I'm not sure if he has any alts, as that's not my business personally. He had nothing to do with the ban and has sadly been caught in the crossfire of this whole thing. I feel bad that my mistake of not responding in ahelp has caused this.

To hopefully bring some closure to this issue, I'd like to say: I recognize my mistake, and none of it will happen again. I'm sorry for the issues I have caused and I'd like to come back as a better member who can spend time on the game. I now understand what ahelp is. It hadn't caught my eyes as an important DM, and like I said, I thought it was someone else reaching out for help. I hate to see how far out of control this ban got, and how quickly it got there. Please, if you have any questions do ask, I'd like to answer them in the best way possible and see if we can come to resolution about this issue. Thanks for reading :) 

2 minutes ago, Stealth16 said:

Who is zoomer64 and how come it shares connections with the alt you mentioned, kraftingkage?

I don't want to lie to you, but I'm not 100% certain. I got COVID on May 26th (can provide proof in DMs) and everything is a bit blurry from those few days. I absolutely might have panicked and created a new account, but there's also a chance it's one of my roommates. (I have the highest-end computer in the house, and let others play it.) Frankly, if it was created nearly immediately after the ban I would be willing to take full blame for that account, and if not it could have been my roomate attempting to play as I slept. Once again though, I recognize my mistakes, and would be happy to come to an agreement that if I'm ever banned again it is final. If possible I'd also be willing to have the alts banned. 

Just going to add some points for thought:

- If you’re new to the game you should have all head roles set to off, not low.

- This isn’t exactly a demanding game, I thoroughly suggest against sharing a computer to play this game. We may treat all connections from the same computer as alts.

- Should we unban you, which account will be your main? The other two will be banned and anyone using them will have to appeal.

personally for the original offence you’d be unbanned by now but alting is another ball game with no excuse. I’ll defer this for now to whoever is handling this ban.

Chief ideaguy

- If you’re new to the game you should have all head roles set to off, not low.

Yes, I've realized this now, if unbanned I will be making that change asap.

This isn’t exactly a demanding game, I thoroughly suggest against sharing a computer to play this game. We may treat all connections from the same computer as alts.

I totally understand, and I'll go ahead and make sure they aren't using my computer for SS14. I believe the game is totally playable on a macbook so they should be fine with that.

- Should we unban you, which account will be your main? The other two will be banned and anyone using them will have to appeal.

My main account is Kyeeell. As I stated, the user Dumptruck28 is my roomate's main account. All others can be removed and banned for as far as I care (The other roomates haven't seemed excited to play SS14, as where him and I have been very excited).

I thank you guys for opening conversation with me, I know my last appeal was very hectic and that probably discouraged you guys from wanting conversation. I know its an easy excuse, but COVID really fucked me up and I realize I was much less calm than I normally would be. All is good now though, both COVID wise and hopefully clarity wise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 5:04 PM, kyeeell said:

Yes, I've realized this now, if unbanned I will be making that change asap.

I totally understand, and I'll go ahead and make sure they aren't using my computer for SS14. I believe the game is totally playable on a macbook so they should be fine with that.

My main account is Kyeeell. As I stated, the user Dumptruck28 is my roomate's main account. All others can be removed and banned for as far as I care (The other roomates haven't seemed excited to play SS14, as where him and I have been very excited).

I thank you guys for opening conversation with me, I know my last appeal was very hectic and that probably discouraged you guys from wanting conversation. I know its an easy excuse, but COVID really fucked me up and I realize I was much less calm than I normally would be. All is good now though, both COVID wise and hopefully clarity wise.

I was about to unban you but thought I’d check anyway. Your friend doesn’t seem too bothered about being affected by this ban I.e no unban appeals, and just to check, have you stopped sharing your computer?

Chief ideaguy

Hey again, he did make an appeal, but he didn't use the right format and we figured since it's a result of my ban we didn't want to be too pushy on the issue. (his poorly formatted ban).

And yes, I will make certain they stick to their own if they feel like playing again (which at this point I doubt they will). I know both him and I will be back, separate computers but the same network. Sorry about all of the confusion.

No problem, thanks for getting back. I’ll accept the appeal. Read the rules again when you next connect. Any more alts on your computer and they’ll remain banned.

I’ve banned 3 other accounts that used your computer other than dumptruck.

Edited by Peptide
  • Like 1

Chief ideaguy