iCh0mP - WGW

iCh0mP

SS14 account: iCh0mP
Character name: Reddit Alien
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 1 June, 2022. Just after 2PM EST. Permanent
Reason for Ban: WGW
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I joined on as librarian and early in the shift I realized people weren't much for reading books this far into the future, so I decided to recite a rather infamous audio-drama over comms. I hopped in a locker near arrivals, expecting a manhunt, and sure enough the Captain announces a 1,000,000cr bounty on my scaly head. As is tradition. Well the angry mob starts getting whoopin' and hollerin' over comms, and before they got the chance to try chucking me out an airlock, I was slapped with a permanent ban without even a bwoinking.
Anything else we should know: I'm not here to cause trouble or make waves. I'm something of a veteran nanotrasen employee (I got my start back when stungloves were part of /tg/ code, if that means anything to you guys), and reading WGW as librarian/running from the ensuing mob was part of the culture way back when. Needless to say, I can see that times have changed and the rules are different. If unbanned, I can tell you that I won't be pulling a stunt like that again.

wgw_ban.jpg

1 hour ago, iCh0mP said:

I'm something of a veteran nanotrasen employee

Why do people who say this end up getting permabanned 99/100 times?

Because minors age 16 and above are permitted to play on Wizard Den servers we do not allow sexual content, themes, or (of course) ERP. I also recognize that a lot of servers on BYOND are relatively lenient on racial/homophobic/transphobic slurs, which are also not tolerated here.

It's a small cultural shift but it's one that I'd like you to acknowledge before this is accepted. We are noticeably more aggressive when it comes to filtering people out to create an inclusive community and making people uncomfortable by reading WGW over the intercom is part of that category of things that aren't acceptable.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

59 minutes ago, Stealth16 said:

Because minors age 16 and above are permitted to play on Wizard Den servers we do not allow sexual content, themes, or (of course) ERP.

Completely understandable. Moving forward I'll keep my chat clean.