Wetchop - Multiple reasons

Wetchop

SS14 account: Wetchop
Character name: Nolan Honkers
Type of Ban: Game & job ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 1 week
Reason for Ban: "Selfantag by breaking into bridge on extended, ruined multiple rounds for a fair few people as captain with a variety of offences."
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard USW
Your side of the story: I got contacted by Todd on ahelp, and he told me that I am going to get banned for 
Why you think you should be unbanned: Why should you get this opportunity
to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it.
Anything else we should know: If you have anything else you feel is relevant to your
appeal, include it here.

• Haha 2

SS14 account: Wetchop
Character name: Nolan Honkers
Type of Ban: Game & job ban
Date of Ban and Duration: 1 week, and PERMA job ban
Reason for Ban: "Selfantag by breaking into bridge on extended, ruined multiple rounds for a fair few people as captain with a variety of offences."
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard USW
Your side of the story: I got contacted by Todd on ahelp, and he told me that I am going to get banned for "Self antag breaking into bridge, the draft, the bolting of random people you suspect, the toxicity, stealing the hos suit"

> Self Antag by breaking into bridge

The captain and I have had developed a hostile relationship. The reason for my actions were of that motive.

If it was wrong, then I understand.

> The draft

I previously drafted clowns & mimes into security when other staff members were present, and wasn't told it wasn't allowed.

A screenshot for the announcement even came up on #stardictions.

The reason why I didn't know it was wrong, as I said, I've done it previously with staff members present, and there was no notification about it.

> Bolting random people you suspect in rooms
A bartender told me he wants to go to the drone/resource vault. I told him to wait outside, he then went inside and begun stealing, I told him repeatedly to stop.

I then bolted the room and went to security, but there was a situation in security that distracted me.

I came back later to take him out of the room but he was already let out.

> Stealing HoS suit during nukie round [Removed offence]

I was promoted to HoS at the start of the shift, and Todd excused this offence.

> Toxicity

Whilst in RP, the HoS kept arguing with me, I asked him if he is mentally unwell. This is purely meant to be in RP, and never meant to be toxic OOCly. I loved RPing with the HoS and I have had RPed with him several times before.

Why you think you should be unbanned: This is my first ever offence. I can accept the first rule break's punishment, but unfortunately due to how general the ruleset is, it is difficult to see how rulebreak 2 and 3 were wrong without any prior warning.

In rule break 2, this is the first time ever  someone told me that its not allowed, other staff members were present when I did a draft in other games, and gave no warning.

In rule break 3, my intention was simply to keep the thief in the room till security arrived, as I didn't have the tools to non-lethally apprehend him.

I love this community a lot and have been for a very long time. I always apologize to people OOCly who I realize they didn't enjoy the RP that we shared between them. It was never my intention to break any rules, and I am extremely sorry for doing so. This is my first offence, so I am very worried.

Anything else we should know: I wish I had more time to speak & explain my case with Todd in the ahelp, but whilst I was explaining to Todd, Todd suddenly said that he'll be raising my ban from one day to one WEEK, and instantly ban me afterwards, whilst I was still explaining my case. I also felt he was extremely passive aggressive, even though I was trying my best to communicate with him. I don't understand why he would, but I extremely love the community and want to be friends with everyone, frankly.

Thank you and I am sorry for any trouble I have caused.

For clarity on the draft subject.

The draft is a funny gimmick when it is not forced. You cannot force another player to do things that they don’t want to do. You need to let people play the round the way that they want to, especially on extended. The main problem here that I’m seeing is that you aren’t considering how other players who don’t want to interact with you/your RP are being forced to do so. If someone just wants to have a normal passenger round, they can’t. If someone has a a cool idea for a passenger round, they can’t do it. You’re impeding other players ability to play the game unnecessarily.

You will have to appeal the captain jobban separately when your game ban ends.

Edited by Stealth16
  • Thanks 1
  • thistbh 1

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

A couple notes.

On 5/29/2022 at 11:10 AM, Wetchop said:

This is my first ever offence.

The effect of this statement is greatly diminished by the quantity of rules that you broke over multiple rounds.

On 5/29/2022 at 11:10 AM, Wetchop said:

> Self Antag by breaking into bridge
> The draft
> Bolting random people you suspect in rooms
> Stealing HoS suit during nukie round [Removed offence]
> Toxicity

So tackling these in order:

1. You already understand why this is wrong. I'd ban for a day at most for this and you've served that time.

2. Covered above. You're jobbaned from captain for this.

3. This falls under security rules. Honestly, you shouldn't have let that guy in the drone room at all imo. There's nothing for him in there. I don't know how else you handle this issue. If you had nonlethals you could've made an arrest but you didn't and as cap that's excusable. It also isn't likely that there will be a competent enough security officer to follow you and make that arrest. I'm filing this under the captain job ban, as this is a situation that you shouldn't have gotten yourself into in the first place.

4. Null

5. Don't RP that. RPing discrimination isn't something that is permitted on Wizard Den servers. We don't permit users to RP mentally disabled characters, so the discussion is moot. Find a different RP insult. 

With all of these in mind, we're accepting this appeal. Case #3 is an example of why job timers are being implemented. Don't put yourself in a position to fail. You're going to have to appeal the captain job ban separately. In a week if we've had no problems, make a new appeal and I'll process it myself. In the job ban appeal I'll be specifically looking for commentary on the with the forced draft, as I consider that to be the largest issue that lead to your captain job ban.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png