Kayek's Admin Application

Kayek

• Game Admin

In-game Username: Kayek

Discord username: Capt#9813

Characters you play: Jack Miller

How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14?

Been playing SS13 off and on since late 2018. Currently have a tad over 1,000 alive hours spread across TG servers. I got accepted into the SS14 playtest about a month ago and have been almost exclusively playing SS14 in my free time. I currently have 130 hours logged on steam but I assume only about 100 of those hours are alive hours for my character.

How many hours are you available per day:

About 6-10 hours a day. My work and free time is often flexible. I schedule what times and days I see my clients the week prior so it is hard for me to give an exact number of hours. Most of my work however I do from home at my computer and the rare cases I work outside of my home usually is never more than 5+ hours at a time.

Days you are available on:

Every day of the week expect Mon-Wed from 2PM-5PM and Sundays from 8AM-2PM. I usually wake up around 9AM and head to sleep at 12AM(or later)

*Side note* I am getting married in mid July this year and have no idea how that will affect my free time/playtime. I DO expect to still be able to get on and play. (I discussed it with my fiancé and we respect and understand the others' need for free time.)

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:

No prior SS13 administration experience.  From 2019 through 2021 I was a Guild/Class leader for my guild in World of Warcraft:Classic. I oversaw all of my respective class members and helped the guild run things and keep problems from occurring. I helped settle disputes between guild members and I regularly called class meetings so we could discuss and I could take in account their viewpoints and create a class policy that kept everyone happy. I understand how to work with other people in positions of leadership and how to help those we oversee to try to create a fair and enjoyable time for all of us. (Due to personal privacy for me and others I won't be posting information about this guild, but please do contact me and can reach out to my guild leader and have him confirm my case if needed.)

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before?

Never.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

I believe game admins are here for the regular player. They are the ones who watch and make sure everyone is having an enjoyable time playing the game. They are the ones who help insure that the rules are being followed to an extent and are there to crack down on anyone who is blatantly disregarding them. I understand that the rules can be seen as guidelines to follow with leeway on both sides and it is the game admin's responsibility to observe the players and make sure no one is breaking the rules to an extent that is negatively affecting others. SS14 is a roleplaying game at heart and a lot of what makes a positive or negative experience for the players is relative. Game admins are here not to take sides but to observe the round as a whole and to ensure things are flowing smoothly to the best of their ability. Game admins also are the ones who act as an intermediary. They help settle disputes and calm down both sides in case of a heated argument. When an offended player contacts the admins for help  they are there to talk to both parties, make sure the aggressor understands what they did wrong and how to fix it, and to talk to the offended player and console them that the issue has been dealt with. At the end of the day we are all people here behind the screen trying to enjoy our time playing a game together and the admins are here to give the players the best possible experience. Whether it's helping a new player figure out the game, removing an overly disruptive player, or spicing up the round with admeme events, game admins are here for the player and the enjoyment of all.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

*this is purely my personal opinion* As of right now I feel that the current roleplay status is severely lacking. We are on the low end of LRP and are currently only a step up from a free for all brawl each round. I DO understand that this is a playtest and with the influx of new players this is probably the best way for the server to be until people figure out the rules and how to interact with others. (anyone remember Sethtide and the Event Hall on TG?) It is to be expected we go through a growing and learning phase until it is possible to up the roleplay. I mostly played MRP TG Manuel on SS13 and I hope that one day we will have a higher role play server for some of the more experienced and RP focused players to go to. Having a LRP server is good to attract newer players and those looking for quick and wacky rounds but I do believe it would be good to give our MRP players their own server to play on once our player numbers rise and the game gets more developed.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

I would like to become an administrator for SS14 because I love the game! I loved playing SS13 and I am blown away by the hard work and dedication going into the development of SS14. I would like to be a part of this and help out in whatever small way I could. I have no idea how to code and I have only made a small contribution to the wiki. I believe that administering for SS14 would be a great way for me to give back to the community and help grow this game and its player base into something great. The potential for this game is huge and I would like to be there to help. I love helping new players understand the game and I believe that I can take a neutral role when it comes to settling disputes between players and resolving ahelps. SS14 is a hectic game and at times I know that the admins are put under a lot of stress. Sometimes while playing I notice that there are no admins on at the time when people need them. I would like to volunteer to be a game admin to help relieve some of this stress and I am willing to learn from, listen to, and take advice from senior admins. I believe I am someone who genuinely wants to help better the experience for all involved and am willing to put in some of my free time to help others enjoy the game and help grow our community into something great!

ss13 tg station playtime.png

• Game Admin
17 hours ago, Beridot said:

christ that is alot of clowning

Good clown skills take a while to develop! A true clown knows he should always be the one who dies first and make the crew laugh at his personal expense.