kyeeell Ban Appeal

kyeeell

SS14 account: Kyeeell
Character name: George Flourance
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: Banned 5/26/22 @ 10:27PM EST Permanently 
Reason for Ban: "Shooting Spree as HoS, unreachable through ahelp. Banning admin Stealth16. Appeal at forums.ss14.io"
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: So, I've never played HoS, and am fairly new to the game. HoS is a low priority job for me so I was surprised to be picked for it. I joined in, tried to get a feel for the area, and then a man in a clown-looking outfit threw a giant sword at me. I killed him in retaliation, as self defense is reasonable here. I was then attacked by a group of people because they felt as if the murder wasn't justified.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm new to the game, it was a one time mistake, I thought it was okay since I was acting in self defense. I didn't know what the admin help dialog was, I assumed it was someone else asking for help, so I had ignored it and went AFK as someone's PDA ai.
Anything else we should know: I realize this was dumb but please give me a chance.

A little bit of an update as I've been able to sleep on the issue and can better explain my situation (COVID has me unable to sleep well).

Once again, I recognize my mistake and have taken the time to actually learn a few more of the roles in the game. I've got an ultrawide monitor so I hadn't noticed the admin text dialog (which as I've learned shows up in the top left of the screen).

I understand saying that I'm new doesn't give me much sustenance, and saying it was a dumb mistake doesn't help either. I do however now know what to look out for and I'm excited to see the community grow, and hopefully if I get some free time I may be able to help contribute to the game's development.

I know it's hard to be sincere online, but I genuinely didn't think I was wrong for killing him out of self defense at the time, I see now that there's non-lethal methods at my disposal. I'd be happy to walk away from this with a role ban if need-be, but I would like to join back as a better member if possible. 

Not intentionally bumping this post, but I also wanted to add, I live in a shared house with some life-long friends. One of which got me into SS14. He has also been banned, though I assume this is because we're on the same network and it appears to be ban evasion. I don't personally have proof, but we have both played together as he was showing me the ropes of the game. Like I said, I'd love to come back as a functioning member, but if anything please just unban him. I'll entirely delete the game and never play it again if I must. 

We're all trying to get into SS14, but right now just him and I play it, I'm not sure if the others have made accounts or not. Not trying to give any excuses, just trying to give as much info as possible so either of us don't get pinged for ban evasion and whatnot. Sorry again.

15 hours ago, kyeeell said:

Not intentionally bumping this post, but I also wanted to add, I live in a shared house with some life-long friends. One of which got me into SS14. He has also been banned, though I assume this is because we're on the same network and it appears to be ban evasion. I don't personally have proof, but we have both played together as he was showing me the ropes of the game. Like I said, I'd love to come back as a functioning member, but if anything please just unban him. I'll entirely delete the game and never play it again if I must. 

We're all trying to get into SS14, but right now just him and I play it, I'm not sure if the others have made accounts or not. Not trying to give any excuses, just trying to give as much info as possible so either of us don't get pinged for ban evasion and whatnot. Sorry again.

This is major bullshit.
Appeal denied, come back in a week when you won't try and lie to me.

• Confused 1

• moony locked this topic