Jump to content

Banned for confusion and hitting cap 3 times with fists


Recommended Posts

SS14 account: BlitzGunner225
Character name: Jeremy Reynolds
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: Infinite
Reason for Ban: I didn’t respond to an ahelp after 10 minutes
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I had to leave so I had some dumb fun. I hit cap about 3 times with my fists to do no real damage. Sec ran at me and I stole his baton, maybe used it once, and then threw it away. Then left as sec cuffed me. I did not receive any ahelps but I had about 3 10 second lag spikes so maybe the ahelps caused it or the same bug that possibly crashed the last round.
Why you think you should be unbanned:It was 3 punches and “maybe” one stun harm which did no real damage especially considering the 200u+ I made for medical. As for not seeing the ahelp I have no idea what was up with that and I’ve asked if anyone has had similar problems in discord.
appeal, include it here.

Please undo my perma a ban.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So:

  1. You check if any admins are online by sending an "a" in ahelp.
  2. I come on to handle it and get ahelped you griefed
  3. You of course have left the game open and have just left by now, so I give you 10 min to reply and you don't.

So you're telling me assaulting someone 'cause  you have to go is ok?

Edited by moony
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, moony said:

So:

  1. You check if any admins are online by sending an "a" in ahelp.
  2. I come on to handle it and get ahelped you griefed
  3. You of course have left the game open and have just left by now, so I give you 10 min to reply and you don't.

So you're telling me assaulting someone 'cause  you have to go is ok?

1. Last round was ended by what I though was stupid people who ended the round because they were bored. We’re having big problems with that. People are literally restarting just because they don’t like the map. I have also sent multiple ahelps and never gotten a response in the round and usually in the next when there aren’t any admins already on. I sent a quick “a” to quickly see if any admins were on as they weren’t before and to not waste time writing sentences and realizing no admins were on. It was also waaay before I attacked cap.

2. Pretty sure I shut down my computer which is why I can’t get my OBS recording. But it should’ve been obvious that I was afk.

3. Minimal shit like that is a sec thing at worst and not minded at best. Like I said before it had no impact on the game and especially with all the chems I made at med. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BlitzGunner225 said:

1. Last round was ended by what I though was stupid people who ended the round because they were bored. We’re having big problems with that. People are literally restarting just because they don’t like the map. I have also sent multiple ahelps and never gotten a response in the round and usually in the next when there aren’t any admins already on. I sent a quick “a” to quickly see if any admins were on as they weren’t before and to not waste time writing sentences and realizing no admins were on. It was also waaay before I attacked cap.

This makes absolutely no sense.

AHelp has a relay to discord. It tells you that every single time you use it. There's absolutely no ambiguity about this. If you ahelp, we see it. You know that.

Why would you specifically choose to withhold the details we need to actually help you? It's actively detracting from your play experience to not include all the information the first time. Giving us the situation fully allows us to prevent it from happening again in the future.

To peel back the curtain, every single other time that someone has sent a single letter into the ahelp relay to see if there are any admins on, they proceed to break the rules. Every. Single. Time.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stealth16 said:

This makes absolutely no sense.

AHelp has a relay to discord. It tells you that every single time you use it. There's absolutely no ambiguity about this. If you ahelp, we see it. You know that.

Why would you specifically choose to withhold the details we need to actually help you? It's actively detracting from your play experience to not include all the information the first time. Giving us the situation fully allows us to prevent it from happening again in the future.

To peel back the curtain, every single other time that someone has sent a single letter into the ahelp relay to see if there are any admins on, they proceed to break the rules. Every. Single. Time.

I think my strongest piece of evidence is that at the end of the day I did no negative damage and actually was positive for the round as I made like 200u+ of bicardine, 50u+ of inaprovaline, and 100u+ of dermaline for medbay.

Why does it matter?

Edited by BlitzGunner225
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Why do you feel that the simple feat of doing your job enables you to be able to attack people for no reason? Even if you are leaving. Doing the absolute basics that you need to do to does not permit you to start being a shitter. (and 200u of bicaridine is not the flex that you think it is. it takes about 3 minutes to make 1000+u of almost any chemical)

The fact that you admin checked reflects very poorly on you for a number of reasons. Number one being the precedent I mentioned earlier for people who just type "a" in the relay and then self antag- both of which you did do. Number two is that you have a record of actually recording your issues in the relay- even if they're things that you have absolutely no business relaying, like the fact that you aren't a nukie (multiple times in the last five days (do not do that)). What it looks like from where I'm sitting is that you decided that you don't like how admins don't ever reply to your ahelps (that rarely contain actable information) and just gave up on the notion that they'd do anything.

Additionally, our logs show that you were online for every ahelp that was sent to you. An explanation for this could be that you got up and walked away from your computer without exiting SS14, or that your computer did not shut down properly because an application (OBS?) had a save prompt open. Either way your inability to respond to the ahelp meant that we treated it like any other ahelp where someone leaves. If you cannot respond to us ingame, you respond to us on the forums.

If you'd like I'm willing to publicize the relay between you and moony from the round you were banned.

Edited by Stealth16

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Stealth16 said:

Why do you feel that the simple feat of doing your job enables you to be able to attack people for no reason? Even if you are leaving. Doing the absolute basics that you need to do to does not permit you to start being a shitter. (and 200u of bicaridine is not the flex that you think it is. it takes about 3 minutes to make 1000+u of almost any chemical)

The fact that you admin checked reflects very poorly on you for a number of reasons. Number one being the precedent I mentioned earlier for people who just type "a" in the relay and then self antag- both of which you did do. Number two is that you have a record of actually recording your issues in the relay- even if they're things that you have absolutely no business relaying, like the fact that you aren't a nukie (multiple times in the last five days (do not do that)). What it looks like from where I'm sitting is that you decided that you don't like how admins don't ever reply to your ahelps (that rarely contain actable information) and just gave up on the notion that they'd do anything.

Additionally, our logs show that you were online for every ahelp that was sent to you. An explanation for this could be that you got up and walked away from your computer without exiting SS14, or that your computer did not shut down properly because an application (OBS?) had a save prompt open. Either way your inability to respond to the ahelp meant that we treated it like any other ahelp where someone leaves. If you cannot respond to us ingame, you respond to us on the forums.

If you'd like I'm willing to publicize the relay between you and moony from the round you were banned.

1. I have actually sent one letter ahelps before and those times I never did anything bad. Last one was possibly a few weeks ago.

2. Yeah so I guess I didn’t turn it off correctly. That shouldn’t matter much though as you should’ve seen that I was afk beforehand and tried to maybe message me through discord. 

3. I actually got some help understanding my ban and seeing what was written to me before I wrote this forum so I’m good there.

4. I’ll cool down on the ahelps. I just wanted to see if I could get a nukie round as I’m usually a syndie when I write that.

5. Still at the end of the day that barely if at all counts as shittery. I did maybe 15 brute damage which can be healed in like 6 seconds. 1 seconds to get to medical which was literally right by and 5 seconds for the bicardine pills to kick in and fully heal.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If I do apparently deserve a ban for dealing like 15 brute damage I think it has been served with the like 2 days I’ve been already banned so I should prob get unbanned and I promise I won’t do it again.

Edited by BlitzGunner225
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

2. Yeah so I guess I didn’t turn it off correctly. That shouldn’t matter much though as you should’ve seen that I was afk beforehand and tried to maybe message me through discord. 

No. We're not going to try to reach out to you privately when it looks like you're afk. That's unreasonable. You do not get special treatment because you're a standing member of our community.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stealth16 said:

No. We're not going to try to reach out to you privately when it looks like you're afk. That's unreasonable. You do not get special treatment because you're a standing member of our community.

Not asking for special treatment. I’m asking that if someone seems afk they should check if the user has a discord account and if they will respond there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi BlitzGunner225,

We've reviewed your appeal and have come to a verdict, and have decided that we will not be lifting this ban.

Due to the immense amount of misconduct and the significant improper behavior, this appeal will not be lifted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...