Foxx's Admin Application

Foxx

In-game Username: Foxx
Discord username: Nut#6378
Characters you play: Randy Random, Paul Goodman (Occasionally)
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? 2 years

How many hours are you available per day: 3-4, 6 on weekends
Days you are available on: every day

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: None, unfortunately
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? Never

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

The job of an admin is to manage disputes between players, as well as teach newbies. Admins should try to resolve disputes between players in the least-excessive way possible while still effectively managing the situation (I.E. warning a first-time offender). The secondary job of an admin is to teach new players, as SS14 is a very confusing game even with many hours. An admin should be able to keep their temper when a player cannot, as well as know a majority of the game's features.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server? I'd describe the current RP status as Sub-LRP. People talk about OOC things on comms (such as how their cats are meowing) but don't metacomm. A majority of people have meme names, and although people generally do their job, some choose to follow a gimmick instead. I believe these things make SS14 slightly lower than LRP.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14? I've noticed that admins are few when I play and are often overwhelmed. I want to solve this by volunteering to become an admin myself. I've got 95 hours in-game at this time, and I believe I'm up to the task. I know nearly everything about the game, and can assist a new player with basically everything. I'm also good at conflict resolution.

Screenshot 2022-08-16 11.16.08 AM.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Foxx,

Do you current have a different Discord username as I can’t find anyone under than username in the discord? Being active in the community is a factor we take into account a good deal.

Cheers,

pep

Chief ideaguy

12 hours ago, Peptide said:

Hi Foxx,

Do you current have a different Discord username as I can’t find anyone under than username in the discord? Being active in the community is a factor we take into account a good deal.

Cheers,

pep

I do! It's Nut#6378, but if that's not working I can add you! This is the game I spend the most time on, and I check my discord very often.

Screenshot 2022-08-16 11.16.08 AM.png