[Boofy2000/B O O F Y#7554] - [Use of the N-word]

Boofy2000

SS14 account: Boofy2000
Character name: Jeff Bolton
Type of Ban: game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: Permanent
Reason for Ban: N-Slur
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard's Den Lizard
Your side of the story: Well I was playing with my friends and I said the N word with an a and got banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't realize the colloquial use of the word between friends was seen as a slur. to be clear nether I or my friend are white so its kind of just a part of our vocabulary. I really didn't mean to rub anyone the wrong way. I think the ban was fair but I would simply like another chance seeing as this is my first ban, and I really didn't have malicious intent. As for what I bring I just wanted to rp with some friends on my day off.
Anything else we should know: Just sorry for the inconvenience I really didn't mean anything by it. 

• Project Manager

To be clear here, "just a joke with my friends" is a pretty common excuse (which also doesn't work) but your usage of the word quickly loses you any plausible deniability and veers straight into "overwhelmingly racist".

If this is one of your first acts while playing the game I don't think that's behavior we want at all. Regardless, you can re-appeal in a month.

unknown-51.png