Initiate's Spectacular Ban Appeal

Initiate

SS14 account: Initiate
Character name:  Unknown/Cannot Remember
Type of Ban: Server ban
Date of Ban and Duration: The Ban was Permanent
Reason for Ban: The Ban was because of a racial slur.
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard's Den Lizard
Your side of the story: Well what happened was is that I was just hanging out in Wizards Den Lizard causing chaos you know the usual, now I not knowing that the N word was barred from being said in the server said the N word. A Hour Later I was banned from the Server.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I did not know that the N word was a serious slur against the Black Community, and that it was Barred on the server. I'm around the N word quite a bit in Discord my friends tend to say it and people in discord groups and calls tend to say the N word quite a bit as well. I was under the impression that the N word was just a curse word you would throw around in a particularly hard level in a game. I Sincerely apologize and hope that I will be let back into the Server.

• 3 weeks later...

"I did not know the N word was a serious slur against the black community"

dude, seriously? 

were you excluded from history class or something?

did you have no access to the internet or go outside in 2020-2021 when BLM got big again?

did you not hear when pewdiepie said the very same N word back in like 2017 or 2018?

have you not seen any politicians on TV?

????????

Edited by cheeseromancer

10 hours ago, cheeseromancer said:

"I did not know the N word was a serious slur against the black community"

dude, seriously? 

were you excluded from history class or something?

did you have no access to the internet or go outside in 2020-2021 when BLM got big again?

did you not hear when pewdiepie said the very same N word back in like 2017 or 2018?

have you not seen any politicians on TV?

????????

it's kinda weird and rude of you to assume everyone has the same exact life and participates in the same exact activities and communities as you.

teachers don't outright say the n word in history class, and there are some schools that don't teach about it at all. not to mention how there are countries other than the us where people don't really care or bother themselves with that stuff at all.

the blm trend was mainly a twitter thing. it wasn't as widespread as you think it was, and a lot of people just stay out of the loop. also, once again, it wasn't a worldwide event.

pewdiepie saying a slur was a very minor and unremarkable situation outside of some youtube communities. news about it were trending for less than a week and it's not unlikely op simply missed the whole ordeal.

and nobody ever watched politicians on tv. that's the most boring way anyone can spend their time.

everyone learns some common knowledge things differently, so there's no reason to blame someone for not knowing what you think is obvious. it's likely op learned that the n slur was just a curse word and nothing significant.

• thistbh 2

7 hours ago, TritonerTron said:

it's kinda weird and rude of you to assume everyone has the same exact life and participates in the same exact activities and communities as you.

teachers don't outright say the n word in history class, and there are some schools that don't teach about it at all. not to mention how there are countries other than the us where people don't really care or bother themselves with that stuff at all.

the blm trend was mainly a twitter thing. it wasn't as widespread as you think it was, and a lot of people just stay out of the loop. also, once again, it wasn't a worldwide event.

pewdiepie saying a slur was a very minor and unremarkable situation outside of some youtube communities. news about it were trending for less than a week and it's not unlikely op simply missed the whole ordeal.

and nobody ever watched politicians on tv. that's the most boring way anyone can spend their time.

everyone learns some common knowledge things differently, so there's no reason to blame someone for not knowing what you think is obvious. it's likely op learned that the n slur was just a curse word and nothing significant.

YOU SIR!... make a pretty good point honestly.

yeah I really should've thought about lifestyle differences people have and applied that to this kinda stuff. so yeah, sorry. (sorry if I sound sarcastic, this is just the way I talk)

Edited by cheeseromancer
not actually editing just saying sorry to stealth18 for once again posting in another persons ban appeal like this, but I would kinda feel like a asshole if I didn't respond to TritonerTron
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...