gus - RDM -> Ban Evasion

gus

SS14 account: gus
Character name: Chad Meister
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: One Day -> Perma
Reason for Ban: RDM -> Ban Evasion 
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: Irresponsibly, with lack of better forethought, I decided as Research Director to throw a welding tool into Chem which contained gaseous plasma, killing me and three other spacemen. But that isn't the main issue here, it was the fact that I attempted to evade the ban by creating a new account, changing my HWID, and using a VPN for a full round when I decided to share my findings of how I found it "easy" to evade, in the general section of the discord, admins instantly found my second account and banned me permanently.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly, I want the opportunity to return because I very much enjoy playing Space Station 14 and I miss it dearly. I plan to keep myself in check and proceed with caution before I take any actions. I believe my ban was fair and a completely reasonable decision by the administration team and I can see now in retrospect how my actions were not acceptable and harmful to the community. I would greatly appreciate if you would consider this ban appeal as I would love to get back on Lizard and do some science
Anything else we should know: I have been attempting to learn the game engine and how to contribute code, was I've made one pull request that merged into the master branch. I'm aware of the contribution I made was very insignificant but I have been expanding my skills to understand how to communicate between the server and client, utilize the UI system, and am currently working on a security records console. I firmly believe all of you've been a very reasonable administration team, not instantly banning people for fucking up and letting them learn and trying to teach them to be better players for the community.  

• moony locked this topic