ajfaas - metacomming

AJFaas

SS14 account: ajfaas
Character name: random name
Type of Ban: gameban
Date of Ban and Duration: about 2 months ago, permanently
Reason for Ban: metacomming
Server you were playing on when banned: completely forgot
Your side of the story: ill paste the conversation i had with the admin stealth16 about the ban. didnt get around to an appeal before now:

Kaas — 25/03/2022

howdy

[17:39]

saw you decided not to unban me and ak, and to try again in a month or so.

Stealth16 — 25/03/2022

Yes?

Kaas — 25/03/2022

id like to come clean about one thing that i lied about. i do actually know him

[17:40]

and we do play together in a friendly manner oftentimes

@Kaas

id like to come clean about one thing that i lied about. i do actually know him

Stealth16 — 25/03/2022

We know. That's why we denied the appeal.

Kaas — 25/03/2022

although if hes security and im a clown or whatever he does get me

but i dont communicate with him outside of the game

atleast i have him in discord and we type stuff, but not while we game perse

[17:41]

i dont know what you can see in your logs, but youll find that i dont talk all that much to anyone

[17:42]

im not exactly sure what falls undermetacomming. but seeing as many people on this game play together, although not working together perse, im not its fair to punish people for that

[17:42]

we also didnt plan that he killed me and made me holo. i was just walking around with him a bit, and he attacked me

[17:43]

someone said i just stood there and let it happen but thats false

Stealth16 — 25/03/2022

The situation that the two of you failed to address was how your friend did not communicate with you ingame while you were holo, then communicated with the other holo when you reghosted. That tells me that he knew you were his holo, and knew when you were not. He should not have that information at all.

Kaas — 25/03/2022

he told me he got a message in chat that he changed holo. but i cant be sure. i also went to ooc immediately because i was confused why i was booted out of holo

[17:46]

it was actually my first time being a holo so i thought there was a timer or something

@Kaas

he told me he got a message in chat that he changed holo. but i cant be sure. i also went to ooc immediately because i was confused why i was booted out of holo

Stealth16 — 25/03/2022

And this right here is the problem. He shouldn't be telling you anything about the round during the round.

Kaas — 25/03/2022

he didnt tell me in the round itself

[17:51]

just after the fact, i mightve also gathered it from what he told you guys

Stealth16 — 25/03/2022

You have a precedent for lying to us. I think you still are lying to me. Just re-appeal in a month. Come clean on the forums and don't do it again.

Kaas — 25/03/2022

i remember reading somewhere that he said he got a message that his holo was replaced

[17:52]

i once read somewhere that ban for metacomming is like a month anyhow. i was fully prepared to be banned for a month anyway because of how you guys deal with stuff

Stealth16 — 25/03/2022

metacomming has been an appeal-only ban for the entire time I have been involved with SS14.

Kaas — 25/03/2022

i just dont like that you guys make these weird accusations with weird proof when this literally happened as i just told you

[17:54]

i think what i just told you falls under metacomming anyway. how is working together without talking better than chatting with voice

[17:55]

but you guys also claimed lies. so it feels like you guys are out to just get people or something. the way things are handled oftentimes feel very harsh and out of place

Stealth16 — 25/03/2022

Let me make sure I'm understanding correctly.

[18:01]

In-round, you followed your friend into maints, he killed you, and then you became his holo?

[18:01]

And he assumed you were his holo because he had just killed you?

Kaas — 25/03/2022

nah

[18:03]

ye i guess we metacommed then

i talked to him like whyd you kill me

and he said chill i got a holo

@Kaas

i talked to him like whyd you kill me

Stealth16 — 25/03/2022

Then yeah, this was metacomming.

You shouldn't be discussing round events in-round.

Kaas — 25/03/2022

ye i suppose so

[18:04]

wasnt really preemitive but i get your point ye

Stealth16 — 25/03/2022

I'll talk with the team about it. Now that you understand what you did wrong I'll see about getting your ban lowered.

• Project Manager

Hi AJFaas,

We've reviewed your appeal and have come to the verdict to lift your ban.

You've looked back and seen what was done wrong, came clean, and there were no further problems regarding the situation. Avoid metacommunication with friends next time, it spoils one of the major aspects of the game- communication.

Welcome back.