dessysalta Admin Application

In-game Username: dessysalta
Discord username: dessysalta
Characters you play: Sherrie Jet Rushine, Phoenix Wright, Miss Quiet, Karl (the latter two less often) and Ashlyn Rushine (newly-made at the time of writing)
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? 

I started playing SS14 late June last year, and since then I've about 187 hours in it (186.9, but I count it!). I picked up SS13 back in early March (this year) because I was interested in becoming a contributor and/or admin on here, and if I had to give a number for how long I've been on SS13 it's about 60 hours, maybe 70? It's hard to tell, but I don't think it's under 40 (straight playtime, I mean).

How many hours are you available per day: Currently I can comfortably manage at least 4 hours and up to 12, but this can vary depending on what tests I'm taking, if I need to study for anything, etc. (I'm persuing a GED as we speak; I plan to work for the National Guard, too).
Days you are available on: All week! I'll be a bit more available on the weekends than the weekdays though, methinks.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: I have little administration experience outside of a few Discord servers and personal projects, most of which were minor roles. Sorry!
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? Twice, both appealed. I was banned once for (admittedly jokingly) saying "I love you" to Moony when we got an admeme round. I got banned for an hour, but ended up getting unbanned a few minutes later after I clarified I didn't know they took it seriously.

The second case was during an Extended round, where the bar was turned into a Russian haven via admemes (complete with ghost burgers, bottles of vodka, and a bunch of ushankas). Me and about five others picked up the ushankas and ran around beating "capitalists" up. It went under the radar until I gave a dude a death pill, and I got banned for 3 days--but I got it appealed after explaining I figured it was harmless fun considering the bar and cloning vats we have access to.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

I think admins are supposed to enforce rules, but above all else meant to make the game's experience enjoyable. This can be by enforcing the rules, but also via funny admemes, serious roleplay rounds with CentCom agents (my favorite, personally) and overall making sure that everyone's in good spirits. An admin's job isn't just to maintain the peace, but to make sure the people involved with the game are having fun with it and to give shifts more depth (either with aliens, nuke ops, "praying", or anything really).

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

I feel like the roleplay status of the server is very low at the moment. I've had a couple of slow, calm rounds where I was able to talk to people as the bartender, but those are few and far between. More often I see people lethaling over simple things like stealing and shoving, or permabrigging people just because they have a piece of Syndicate gear on them. I really want to improve the roleplay and team-player aspects of the game, especially considering that roleplaying on SS13 and the few rounds I have on SS14 is the most fun I've had in awhile. As of writing, the announcement about an MRP server potentially coming soon sounds amazing, and I'd love to contribute to that.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

While I don't think I possess any serious qualities or experience, I want to improve the game and make sure that there are less instances where people murderbone without a second thought, and make sure that there are more where people are talking and interacting with each other in-character. Above all else, I really want to see this game come into fruition like it's predecessor and make sure that people have a reason to check both of them out, because of how unique and fun it can be compared to many other alternatives. I guess plain and simple, I love this game and I want to make it more enjoyable for everyone, to see it grow and improve.

• 2 weeks later...