Meerkatoa Admin Application

Meerkatoa

In-game Username: Meerkatoa
Discord username: Meerkatoa#7728
Characters you play: Ali
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? I've been playing SS14 for about 1 month and a half at this point with 167 hours according to steam. and have not played SS13

How many hours are you available per day: 3ish hours
Days you are available on: Mornings on most weekdays (EST) (Excluding Tuesday and Wednesday Mornings) and Friday nights

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: No SS13/14 admin experiesne before but experience being an admin on an Ark Survival Evolved Server, unfortunaly no way to verify this so take that as you will.
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? Never been banned no.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers? In general I think an admins role is to ensure that the players have a good experience when playing. This is achieved in a number of ways. Firstly ensure that there aren't any players breaking rules or making life miserable for others, an extension to this is answer a-help messages from players and helping by answering questions in the OOC chat or Discord. An addition side to the more rule focues part of the admin role is to ensure that the OOC chat stays as just OOC.

Additionally, admins keep rounds interesting by adding events / ghost roles / generally spice adding elements whilst not going over board as to overwhelm the players. An admin should meddle only enough that it keeps things fun and gives interesting stories but not so much it gets to predictable for the players.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server? I like am a fan of the LRP nature of the server as a find it is easier for newer players to get the hang of roleplay if they have never done any roleplay before but I'm looking forward to the MRP server that was recently announced in the Discord server as a way for players to emerse better into their characters.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14? I'd like to become an admin for SS14 as I am a big fan of the game and the experience it can bring and would love to get a chance to help keep it in the great state it is for future players. Additionally I've had great experiences with other Admins and feel it's a great way that I could use my experience in the game to give other players the positive interactions that I've gotten.

• 2 weeks later...