Job Ban Appeal

larme

SS14 account: larme
Character name: Allisson Basmanoff
When was the ban: mid-day 4/8/22
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard 
Your side of the story: I was talking on the general Discord chat and a debate about whether harmbatons should be used broke out and i took the stance of "you should use it as long as you dont hit the person you're trying to arrest like 10 times" people went against me on this until i made a mostly satirical joke about me wishing one of the game admins would let us harmbaton a known group of self-antaggers and trollers (morb-heads)
Why you think you should be unbanned: I realize now in hind-sight why my joke could have been taken the wrong way and I do admit I went a bit far with my joke without directly suggesting it was a joke in the first place, but i feel personally it was slightly unfair in the admins reaction. A simple verbal warning i think would have been sufficient instead of jumping right to a full-blown ban. I thought i brought a pretty good HOS role to the server and i believe i was generally pretty trusted and competent with the role as i never had any real complaints during the time using it, plus it's the role i feel i fit best in and can perform better in than other jobs.

Anything else we should know: The admin that rejected my previous appeal for not being 2 weeks after ban date had stated i was banned for "repeatedly insisting that you should harm baton for every arrest" which i think is a bad misrepresentation of what i actually said, being that harm baton is a viable option as long as you don't murder or hit someone 5 times in a row with it. I do have logs of all my discord messages regarding this incident if you wish to see proof.

Edited by larme

2 hours ago, larme said:

being that harm baton is a viable option

Mmmm.

See you still don’t seem to realize that this is the part we take issue with. As per the discord conversation we had that lead to you getting banned, you should not use harm mode when making arrests with a stun baton. Period. Full stop. No exception. And the fact that you still haven’t grasped that concept tells me you really don’t need to be playing security still.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

34 minutes ago, Stealth16 said:

Mmmm.

See you still don’t seem to realize that this is the part we take issue with. As per the discord conversation we had that lead to you getting banned, you should not use harm mode when making arrests with a stun baton. Period. Full stop. No exception. And the fact that you still haven’t grasped that concept tells me you really don’t need to be playing security still.

Forgive me i think I used bad wording there lol, I know you shouldn't use it just to use it if you want, obviously not as a first option, that's what tasers are for, but what i think i'm trying to say is if it comes to it like taser doesnt work, you don't have charges etc etc, (even then you have other options like disarm baton but in my experience that's pure rng) you can use it as a second to last resort only if you have to

15 minutes ago, larme said:

Forgive me i think I used bad wording there lol, I know you shouldn't use it just to use it if you want, obviously not as a first option, that's what tasers are for, but what i think i'm trying to say is if it comes to it like taser doesnt work, you don't have charges etc etc, (even then you have other options like disarm baton but in my experience that's pure rng) you can use it as a second to last resort only if you have to

You don’t need any mode to use the baton, as was explained to you in the discord. But you insisted on using harm baton in spite of that knowledge.

”I'm gonna keep using harmbaton as it works as intended

I haven't killed anyone yet and never will because I'm not a fucking idiot that harmbatons one dude 10 times”

Which is what got you a role ban. I don’t know why you keep insisting it was some bad joke. It is because you repeatedly insisted on breaking the rules for security against lethal force.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

Im not implying it was a joke at all, it was just a bad thing i said period. I recognize that using harmbaton is a dumb thing to use regardless and what I said in the server was pretty stupid of me, which I apologize for. I shouldn't have gone off about using something like that and I definitely see in hindsight how that can be against the rules and will aim as best I can to follow them with this in mind.

Edited by larme

• 3 weeks later...
  • wrexbe locked this topic