Moony (I think, I cannot check) - Pspritechologist

Pspritechologist

SS14 account: Pspritechologist
Character name: Jaidain Burboise (Spelling might be slightly off on the last name, I cannot check)
When was the ban: April 19th, 6pm
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I was banned for "ERP," but I feel there is a misunderstanding on one side or the other. It was certainly not intentional, so I feel either an Admin misread the situation, or I am simply uninformed on what exactly constitutes "ERP." I am under the impression that ERP would be anything explicit, involving sexual or highly sensual acts.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I suppose to justify "what value I bring," I would say that I feel I am fun to roleplay with. I try to play in an interesting, RP heavy manner, and I try to remember that the game needs to be fun for everyone. Things like simply removing someone from the game shouldn't be taken lightly, and I'm not the only one playing.
As for why I should be unbanned, I am not necessarily against a ban assuming the rule was broken, but I feel a minimum of one month is very long when, at worst, I misunderstood the ruling. I honestly wasn't under the impression I had ERPed, I was simply goofing around with a friend.

Anything else we should know: I was very recently given a short ban for breaking the rules, specifically murdering a sec as a Clown. I didn't appeal the ban or anything because I had broken the rule, and the ban was justified, but I intended to try to stick to them better in the future. It's easy to forget that the rules for this stuff are actually pretty strict, when whatever happens happens when Admins aren't around. I appreciate what the Admins do, and thus have no right to expect to be exempt from it (why I didn't appeal).
The other thing I wanted to say, is that I understand the ban said not to appeal within a month, but I worry it was either unjustified, or I simply misunderstood.

Sorry to bother the Admins with an appeal right away, I just wanted to at least be clear on it.

You engaged in sexual harassment of a non-consenting player. You are not welcome on our servers for one year, during which you cannot appeal. After that, you can appeal. SS14 is a 16+ environment and we do not allow that behavior under any circumstances, period.

• moony locked this topic