AWHayes - Laegel - Permaban appeal

Laegel

SS14 account: Laegel
Character name: Melvin Bloostain
When was the ban: 18(?)/04/2022
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: While a chemist making chemicals for medical, I asked a fellow chemist what chemical/dosage would be required to keep someone continuously critical. This was in the interest of loading into a hypospray for expedient non-lethal self defence. My knowledge on SS14 is not particularly depthy so I felt it a good idea to ask a chem member nearby. They were interested in doing the calculations and finding out how long someone can be kept critical while postponing death. Another chem crewmate asked me why I wanted this chemical. My crass sense of comedy made it too easy to say it was for non consensual sexual relations. I had a brief window of time to apologies to the admin and express that I would no longer say such things. For saying this I was immediately perma banned without a warning. I did not personally consider this toxic ERP but rather a defensive remark and comic beat. 
Why you think you should be unbanned: I enjoy the server and being a part of the community. I did not intentionally rulebreak and was permanently banned for a brief interaction that was not directly harmful to players experience. I understand and respect rule enforcing but feel if anything a perm for this is a little much imo.

Yes, I am understanding this was a foolish thing to do and that not tolerating these kinds of remarks is the correct stance to take. I apologise for not thinking through my response to the player, it was immature. If I could go back I would have conducted myself better, though I can't change the past. Instead, I promise to follow the rules accurately in future.

• moony locked this topic