[Unknown admin] harrypotter

harrypotter

SS14 account: harrypotter
Character name: Yahir Magor
When was the ban: Around 3 weeks ago
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizards den Lizard 
Your side of the story: I was a scientist and was going to hop to get some external access and i saw a message on radio saying hop was to be killed on sight hop then ran out of his office towards sci and was killed by captain and a clown named michael starwalker was made second in command. Then captain went missing presumably killed by syndicates and michael was now the fully fleged captain and he was treated as such. then the chaplain named choal kidnapped him and was holding him in the church [at this point i was following him around to see the rp] so i went in and uncuffed him and told him to run to medbay as they were chasing him and his new captains armour and id were there. So i grabbed metal bars from my bag and barricaded medical using NON ELECTRIFIED grilles. once captain michael starwalker was suited up he told sec to arrest choal and take them to sec so i followed him to sec. hos had brought choal to sec and was holding him there for cap to talk to them . then all of a sudden he told choal sorry and told us to kill choal. me and the warden beat down on choal on captains orders and as soon as i did this the admin contacted me and told me i had multiple accounts of self antagging  this round and thats all they said. i told them that i was going on captains orders and they did not respond and then 10 seconds later i was banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: i have 1046.7 hours on this game i know every secret every hiding place and i have found a place in the community. i have taught multiple players during one of the almost annual surge of newbies on some tips and tricks. i feel that this ban was unfair as i explained everything i did to them and they didnt respond or even take it into consideration plus i dont know if the logs have some kind of role tag for who is talking but michael starwalker was by this time officially captain and therefore my superviser so i was supposed to listen to them
Anything else we should know: earlier in the round i broke into the secret wall stash of miscelaneous toys and plushies and took a nar sei plushie and drew some occult stuff on the ground and placed it in the middle i didnt know where u could contact an admin so i ahelped to try and have an admin do something funny like spawning cult walls or summoning a creature but no one was online so i said welp and continued on my way [all this should be in the admin discord logs] so i then made an improvised pneumatic cannon and shot lit torches at people for fun knowing full well they dont do anything to anyone and the admin included these 2 things i did earlier in the round in his 1 single ahelp message and i explained them aswell but in the end the thing they said in th ban screen was that i quote from the game is "checking for admins then self antagging in multiple ways appeal on forum" thats what they said after i explained everything to them.

We’ll put aside the fact that you put down multiple layers of electrified grilles in the hallway in front of medbay for a moment.

What was the goal of you shooting torches at people? You’ve got 1000 hours in the game (or leaving the launcher open), surely you know that launching torches at people wouldn’t exactly have any good effects.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

19 hours ago, harrypotter said:

and this was a perma ban aswell so i dont think what i was banned for accounted for a perma ban

Perma bans serve three purposes:

1. Forces people to appeal and give us a good enough reason to unban them.
  2. Because of prior bans amounting to a perma ban or because the previous bans clearly didn't get the point across.
  3. An offence that's so severe that it warrants a perma ban.

Going by the ban reason I'm going to assume this is all three - admin checking accounting for number 3, prior bans and multiple offences.

Launching stuff at people is obviously going to antagonise them as does electrified grilles to damage bystandards for no reason. I get you have lots of hours and know the game but if you're bored then that's your sign to disconnect and play something else rather than risk getting banned for misbehaving.

Because of the time elapsed I'll unban on this occasion but do read the rules when you reconnect, and do remove yourself from the game if you think you're going to start rule breaking because you're bored.

Chief ideaguy