Banned for attacking a guy and leaving game while talking to an admin

nuts4u

SS14 account: nuts4u
Character name: Jordan Paul
When was the ban: April 14, 2022 around 11 pm
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard's Den Lizard [US West]
Your side of the story: Last night I was playing SS14 while drunk as warden. I saw some security officers attacking a random person, so I assumed that was okay to do. I'm a new player to SS14, and I wasn't aware of what is and is not okay to do. I saw a guy in the maintenance vent who I thought had a weapon (again I wasn't sober). I decided to hit him with my stun button and he ran away. I saw on comms he threatened to kill me. I went to hide deeper in the vents and he eventually found me so I attacked him again assuming he was going to try to kill me. He did kill me in the end so I left the game. I joined back a few minutes later to see if the game had restarted when I saw an admin had messaged me. Being a drunk idiot I responded with "lol" and "he looked at me funny" because I wasn't aware of the gravity of the situation. I left the game again because I was bored and wanted to do something else. When I tried to join back later in the night I saw I had been permanently banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I understand now what I did was stupid and wrong, but at the time I wasn't sober and couldn't think clearly. I apologize for being the idiot I was and promise to be better in the future if I am unbanned. I think a permanent ban in this case is somewhat excessive. If my ban is changed to shorter I would be greatly appreciative.
Anything else we should know: My ban states that I killed the guy I didn't actually kill him I only attacked him because I thought he had a weapon.

• moony locked this topic