Thomasasia ban appeal

Thomasasia

SS14 account: Thomasasia

Character name: I do not remember (I change it often)

When was the ban: Around the 16th or 17th of March

Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard

Your side of the story: I was banned because I was pretending not to like short people. This was meant to be a joke, and my behavior was reinforced when everyone I interacted with thought it was funny. I even made friends with another character, who pretended not to be a dwarf so that my character would respect him. The admin who banned me explained that I was being racist against dwarfs.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't think that pretending not to respect short people counted as racism, so i didn't know that it was against the rules. I was never warned about it, I was simply and immediately banned.

I would never really be prejudiced against anyone. Not on the basis of religion, race, sexuality, or the abilities of a person. I think it's very important to temper our behavior online to make it a welcoming place for everyone, and I really do understand and appreciate the enthusiasm of the moderation staff in this matter.

To this end, I will not make any remarks about short people, and I will strive to adhere to the fullest interpretation of the rules. Let's join in arms and make this community a greater place.

My discord is Thomasasia#5378 if you want to talk!

• Game Admin

Aww, what a heartwarming appeal!

Let me check the admin resource- hey wait a minute... you're only appealing because you couldn't evade your ban!

Hey wait a minute, you said "My oc is racist" ingame!

This isn't heartwarming at all!

Who is Megadood?

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

I attempted to connect to the server because I wanted to see if the security measures worked. I was fully aware that this game has measures to counter ban evasion when I did that, as I have kept up with the devlogs and github repo. I also knew my actions would be visible, and I am not trying to deceive anyone.

When I said "my oc is racist", I was trying to be sarcastic, I believe in reference to (and making fun of) the actions of other players. Racists do generally not call themselves racist, they hide behind cowardly misnomers like "purity" and by creating out-groups.

• Raised Eyebrow 2
  • Confused 1

• Game Admin
Just now, Thomasasia said:

I attempted to connect to the server because I wanted to see if the security measures worked. I was fully aware that this game has measures to counter ban evasion when I did that, as I have kept up with the devlogs and github repo. I also knew my actions would be visible, and I am not trying to deceive anyone.

I don't care what your "reason" for evading was. You tried to ban evade. If you allegedly knew we saw it, why did you choose not to include that information in your appeal?

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

I didn't think it was relevant, as it is not in the rules. Nor is it harmful in anyway. Besides, one of the well known things about ss13 is that it has powerful ban evasion, so it makes sense that ss14 would have it too. I don't see why it's unreasonable why I would know about that?? I even know exactly how it works.

I have cooperated and been truthful, and I have no incentive to lie about this. Please give me the benefit of the doubt.

• Haha 1

• moony locked this topic