I was permanently banned.

RedWineCrimson

SS14 account: RedWineCrimson
When I was banned: Yesterday
Server I was permanently banned from: Wizard Den [US WEST]
Reason for ban: Racial slur  "Nig*a"

Now, I won't be creating any form of excuses here, I will be very simple and direct, yes I did say it and I am sorry for it, I am used to saying it in my circle of friends as a normal word, since we all are minorities, it is a common slang that is tossed around often, and the context in which this word was said was when I was killed, more of a surprised expression than an offensive one, said in RP and not OOC too.
I do not use this word as a form of attack or insult, and that can be seen from the context and the way the word was written, I did not write it with the "Hard R" at the end, that being the version of this word often used as an insult.
I would like to politely ask to be unbanned, if that is not possible I will understand, I will be sad of course, that I won't lie, since I do enjoy this game and I wish to see it grow since I've been playing the other Space Station games, where rules like these aren't present, that being another reason why I was caught off-guard, as I was unaccustomed to a more well organized and better written rules.

2022-03-20.png

The new account?
Yes, my friend wanted to play with me and he went "Eh here let me help you, with a new account you can join."
He created a new account and I tried to join back in, now with the knowladge that I shouldn't toss that word in chat, but then I saw I was also banned with a new account.
I am being as honest as I can here, he even told me to just get a VPN but I figured it would just be easier if I came here to talk with you guys about it and get it over with.

It would be, yes, because VPNs don't work either.
You've successfully given us a reason to not trust you. So why should we unban you now?
It's a lot of trouble for us, volunteers, when people decide to not listen to us and attempt to evade instead.

Edited by moony

I did not lie, I just simply did not add that part in because I thought It wouldn't be necessary, it was a failed attempt.
This is truly all I have here, I can't really give you guys a better reason or anything beyond what I said in my first post, the whole reason I am playing this game is because my friend wanted someone to play with him and I truly was enjoying the experience, I really wish I don't lose this because of a slip up like that.
All I can do is just say sorry for breaking that rule and that I won't do it again.
Also thanks for helping me, I was afraid that I would not get any help at all from an ADM for that mistake. 

• moony locked this topic