- Discord

Development
- Github Organization
- Game Repository
- Engine Repository
- RSI Editor
- Developer Wiki

= Official Servers = 

The official servers are called "Wizard's Den" on the launcher/hub.
If you've been banned in any of them, you may appeal your ban here.

If you've been banned in a third-party server, there's nothing we can do.
You'll have to appeal your ban with them.

= Playtests =

We host playtest rounds on a consistent schedule.
Two times a month on Fridays, with separate tests for US and EU timezones on those days.

If you want to get notified when the next playtest is held,
join our Discord server and get the Tester role in #rules-info.

= FAQ =

Q. Is the game free?
A. Yes, and it will always be. If you want to support us, check out our Patreon.

Q. Where can I download the Standalone version of the game?
A. In our downloads page.

Q. Where can I sign up for the Steam Playtest?
A. In our official Steam page.

Q. Are there any differences between the Steam and Standalone versions of the game?
A. Steam gets automatic updates to the launcher, otherwise there is no practical difference.

Q. Is it cursed?
A. Nah.

Q. Are you the original creator of SS13?
A. Yes/No. The original creator of SS13 was exadv1 in 2003. Since its open-sourcing in 2006, the community has been the developers of SS13. Many of our devs are coders, contributors, admins and hosts of other SS13 communities, but none of us were there in 2003.

Q. What SS13 codebase are you porting?
A. None. We're just adding stuff that we think is cool on the go.

Q. What language/engine is SS14 written in?
A. It's written in C# using our own game engine: RobustToolbox. C# is a good language and it's perfect for this project. It's easy to pick up, comfortable to write and pretty fast.

Q. Can I help out with development?
A. Of course! Our Discord server is the best place to ask questions and get help. We also have guides on our Dev Wiki on getting setup and coding.

Q. Will SS14 support multiple codebases/servers like SS13?
A. It already does! You can checkout our hosting guide to get started.

Note: SS14 is still in a very early stage of development. Think of us as in pre-alpha. Large changes to the codebase, engine and content are still being added and we only have around 5% of the content of an average SS13 codebase right now. If you're looking for consultation on whether or not SS14's ready to replace a SS13 server, please contact Vera#3100 or PJB#3005.

Q. How can I appeal a ban?
A. You can appeal a ban here. Make sure your post follows the ban template.

Q. What is the history of the project?
A. (Click spoiler to see the answer to this question)

Spoiler

This project started off as a closed source remake formally known as Space station 13 remake. (https://spacestation13.com/) It lived for a while but the developers had real life things so instead of letting the game fall into darkness the developers decided to open source it.

The project was open sourced January of 2014. Many developers came together from many codebases to form the Open Source team. Much progress was made here, but then the daunting task of replacing the engine in order to make the game cross platform was created. Two developers tried to replace the rendering engine (gorgon), of which both either left for real life or other reasons. This Open source period lasted about four months before developers started trickling away as nothing could be done until the rendering engine was replaced. I started here and took the task of adding SFML. I completed it after three months of work but it was too late as most of the developers were already gone.

From that point on I spent two years just learning and spent the majority of my time actually learning OpenGL.

Then PJB hit me up and he took the reins of refactoring the ever living shit out of this project trying to make everything modular. Bobdabiscuit made this discord and everyone here has worked to create a common ground for codebases to branch off of

That's pretty much it for the history, the rest is to be created.

- Silver 09/11/2017

Q. Can I use SS14's engine to make other games?
A. Yes, we even have templates for both singleplayer and multiplayer to get you started.

Q. Where does the Patreon money go?
A. We have a Google Sheet that shows all of our income and expenses.

Q. Help! My game is crashing, where do I get help?
A. You can ask for help in our Discord server, in the #bugs-feedback-help channel, or on this forum.

Q. How do I enable logging?
A. On the launcher's options tab, enable "log client" and "log launcher". Press "Open log directory" to see the logs.

だれになりたかったの、かな?
なにをどうしたかったの、かな?

流してきた血と涙の
意味がもうわからない。

• Zumorica changed the title to Information & FAQ