mushroomLavender - Admin Application

• Project Manager

In-game Username: mushroomLavender
Discord Username: mushroomLavender#2398
Characters you play: Clara Philips [CMO], Roger Hendrickson [Stereotypical Detective], Storyteller [Librarian, gimmick character for DND]
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? I've been here and there around both communities for a while, lurking mostly. I do a lot of art about Space Station related things, developing my art as my time here continues. A few years, really, but not too focused on the game.

How many hours are you available per day: 2-3 hours usually, for gaming- all other is reserved for offline time for selfcare.
Days you are available on: Generally weekends I'm mostly always free, not so much on the week days themselves.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: I do not have all that experience with SS13 administration other than messing around with my own solo server's admin tools to play with items. It's a new experience really, but I'm rather patient when working with difficult individuals! 
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? I have not been banned or administratively punished in any way within the SS14 community, I don't take chances that could get me into trouble. In SS13, I was banned from Yogs permanently about 3-4 years ago during my powergame phase since I would abuse xenoling and get it within 15 minutes of the round and hunt antagonists on the station out of boredom. I've since then learned that it's not acceptable to do that, and it's a lot better for both OOC and IC to leave most things like that alone and not involve yourself in the spotlight like that, especially playing traitor or security.

What do you think game admins serve on our servers? 

They are a swift response to a problem on the server, whether it be a technical issue that has to be manually fixed or reset, or to where a troublesome player is causing discord for other players, contributing nothing to the round other than negativity in the form of one way or another- dealing with those kinds of malicious people.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

It'd be nice if more people took things a little more seriously or put more effort into the server's rounds. It's always nice to have an HRP moment only to have it ruined by the guy saying immediately after being cloned "lol <person> is 100% a traitor they killed me and spaced me"

HRP moments within the server is amazing, though. There's a handful of people that catch on and take the hint and tag along with the setting of RP, even if there's really no technical / mechanical reason behind it.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

I'm not exactly the best experienced within these kinds of matters, but I want to see this strive and be apart of it to help it succeed. It's a new experience, for sure, but a welcome one if it extends my hand to helping others and also becoming more involved in the community!

Edited by mushroomLavender
  • Thanks 1
  • thistbh 2