KaiShiba Admin application

kaishiba

• Moderators

In-game Username: kaishiba
Discord username: Kai Shiba#3533
Characters you play: Colten Mcclymonds (only name/character I use, might change later when more species are added)

How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14?
In total I have played ss14 for 664 hours. 400+ estimation on actual playtime.

How many hours are you available per day:
19hrs approximate. I am not that busy (courier work is short and only takes me a few minutes to complete) nor do I sleep as much.

Days you are available on:
Everyday. I tend to leave for a couple of minutes before returning to my room. Cleaning or doing small daily tasks along with the courier work I do. Sometimes I make bread for people and deliver them when they ask me. That's about it.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:
I have only observed SS13 not played or volunteered to be a admin. I have been a discord moderator on two servers, making sure I followed procedure on how to handle any issues that came up by relaying that to a higher up. Then following through with what they told me to handle the issue. I did not act alone on some decisions and always discussed them among my fellow moderators. Along with that I was very aware of some people not being fond of some topics and would always do my best to keep them from being uncomfortable when certain topics arise, such as certain pictures to spoiler tag them or to remove certain links/topics that would start a unhealthy debate. I was also a admin around the time of Counter Strike Source, Garrys Mod and Minecraft. It was a group of friends I used to know back when Steam looked like baby barf green. We hosted community minigames as well as play other miscellaneous games. I am currently unsure if there's even a way to verify this as that was a long time ago and their names are faint to me in this time except for two.

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before?
I have not been banned from any server or ss13 server

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
Admins are there to uphold the rules of the server, respond to any admin messages and act accordingly while observing with a watchful eye for anyone breaking the rules. Secondary, also receive feedback/bug reports as I know that some players don't use the discord to post the reports, so an admin could post on their behalf. Admins are also there to spice some rounds up a bit (Weh cult for example) for some fun but primarily are there to uphold the rules of the server. I believe Admins are also there to help people as well with their actions, providing aid, advice or if someone is sadly stuck or meet their fate to a bug/glitch and they message you to correct them so they continue to have fun in the server.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?
When there's roleplay, the station feels alive. I believe there could be more of it, though I know that once more things get added this will be the norm. I know some people will use the excuse of LRP to demonize or to witch-hunt someone (which is wrong) but as evident from the lizards, people were having fun roleplaying with accents. Could it be a bit more stricter? yes. As of now only time will tell. For me personally, I would love for more roleplay interactions. It saddens me when some people don't RP and tend to overstep some boundaries. One time I was a traitor who was role playing as a bouncer for the Bar, I honestly cared little for objectives as I had more fun with Roleplaying something else entirely. A bounty hunter is another example. Some people just hunt these guys down but I welcome it. It brings life to the station rather than people following one straight path.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
I have a lot of spare time and I offer that spare time that I have to volunteer as an admin for the SS14 Server along with the experiences that I've had as being a moderator in multiple areas. There are times when there's no admin when I'm on and I'm on for a long time, pretty much the entire day, only gone in sparse moments. I feel like if there were more admins on, especially ones who can be on at all times, it would benefit the server greatly. I know some would be on their best behavior under a watchful eye and while they might commit some rule breaking when some admins are off, it's good to reduce the time they get to do that. I'd also like to provide some fun moments for those extended rounds or traitor round when the time is given. Seeing people work together to stop a Xenos threat is always a delight.

• 2 weeks later...