ban appeal for rber

rber

= For game bans =

SS14 account: rber
Character name: Angel Picard
When was the ban: yesterday
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard

Your side of the story: Joke ban? The ban message slanders me as "neo nazi". Nobody I ever met thought I was a nazi.
Why you think you should be unbanned: because it was a joke ban? Or it was because of political discord, but that was after being accused of being nazi for no reason
Anything else we should know: I was complaining about racism being allowed in the server and got banned for supposedly being a nazi. Thats some really asymmetric moderation there, since the server claims to disallow bigotry, but somehow targeting brazilians is fine. It's really sad that it's me who gets moderated, not the people disrespecting my nationality.

Edit: I think they got mad I replied to people saying hitting nazis is fine, referring to brazilians, saying we are not ukraine.

Edited by rber

the first mention of nazi was here:

[DEBG] chat: OOC: OOC: moony: nazis piss me off so
[DEBG] chat: OOC: OOC: moony: get used to it

still have no idea where that came from, at the time I had no idea it was meant like I was the nazi

• Project Manager

Not keen on making a habit of posting anything in ban appeals, but I am simply chiming in to provide context on the Brazil thing, since it's become a topic of contention in this particular instance:

It's become a bit of a running joke among some players (re: does not include me, I just happened to watch it happen when it started) when they're abducting someone to say something along the lines of "You're going to Brazil".

I am not aware of any negative connotations regarding this comment's origins or this particular situation in which it was referenced. I just know that it started about a week or so ago with a clown abducting someone and then in turn being abducted, and both times something along the lines of "going to Brazil" was referenced IC. 

Hope this provides at least a bit of context if it happens to be at all relevant to a decision rendered.

Edited by Retequizzle

I am astonished to read that
I wonder what I did, I disagreed with you there? I said ukrainian state is nazi? And for you that's a reason for a ban?

I dont get why you guys hate me so much after having a different opinion about how much the ukrainian right is nazi, enough to ban me. I didnt even knew I was banned elsewhere (hellomouse libera channels and discord? Idk) in the first place, since I was not there.

About the brazil thing, do you not see how calling the brig brazil is pejorative? Its usually used to either killing, spacing or briging people, so it's not ever used with any good or respectful conotation, it's just like saying brazil is a place where you die or a prison or something like that, so it is clearly pejorative.

I am not in any sister community for some time now, so its hard to believe it had anything to do with whatever I did more than a month ago. Are you really going to keep me banned as neonazi?

• moony locked this topic