Tabletop game ideas

Victorious

Decks of cards will definitely be added in the future. Many games you suggested are trademarked, and therefore wouldn't be implmented directly, but we were planning on a Uno spinoff. Go and (Chinese) checkers should be trivial to add.

Regarding Dungeons and Dragons, I was thinking about 1 page RPGs (example: Lasers and Feelings). These often have licenses compatible with our game, often allowing to be directly used or modified as long as the original author is acknowledged. These games would fit the SS13/SS14 round format better, as they take little setup, and it would not be a massive loss if you get blown up while playing (unlike DnD).

Hangman, Tic-Tac-Toe and other drawing games would probably be better if we had some kind of "paper and pens" implemented, and then players can just play them on the go (assuming we can trust players with drawing stuff 😐).

Dunno about Four in a Row, would require quite some extra coding and spriting to fit the top down perspective is difficult, but I suppose it could be done.

• Like 1
Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maze rats or knave would work better as RPGs. Tiny bit of depth, but not that much and can be added with reusable, refillable character sheets. As well as the rules modified a bit not to cause trouble.

Hell, i already ran maze rats a couple of times in game.

Edited by IdontwanttoERP

• 3 months later...
On 10/9/2021 at 12:18 PM, Victorious said:

Saw the first two board games get added and got inspired to make a list of cool games to have:

• Hangman
  • Tic-Tac-Toe
  • Checkers
  • Four in a Row
  • Go
  • Shogi
  • Chinese Checkers
  • Dungeons and Dragons
  • GURPS
  • Secret Hitler
  • One Night Ultimate Werewolf
  • Uno
  • 52 deck of cards
  • Cards Against Humanity
  • Exploding Kittens

I think implementing some of these 1:1 would violate copyright lol. How would you even play Secret Hitler? I'm sure it could be done, but it would probably be a lot to implement coherently.

My favorite simple card game is 'Hearts', I think that would be a lot of fun. Maybe poker if this game ever ends up having currency.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hangman

This would make for an interesting late night game where you and the entire bar play some good ol' Hangman.

Uno

This I feel will make people have a lot of fun, being able to let the game decide by random chance, of course it would have to be some knockoff NT brand of UNO since its a company if i recall