SS14 account: 

Gluttony

Character name: 

Sir Israel Thurton the 7th

When was the ban: 

3/12/2022 8-9pm(ish) by Moony
 Wizard's Den Lizard (USWEST)

Your side of the story: 

As HoP, I said the phrase, "Fucking women" in response to killing an intruder in my office. The character killed was a female bartender. I spoke to Moony through in-game chat, and was then killed and banned.

I was informed I broke Rule 7, listed below;

1. Hate speech, slurs and bigotry are not allowed.
    • Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated.
    • Words that are closely tied to real life slurs are not allowed.

Why you think you should be unbanned: 

I believe I should be unbanned due to this being my first offense in 67+ hours. I have never received a previous temp/perm ban in my time, as well as engage in pretty good roleplay (IMO) in my positions, excluding the reason I was banned above, which was not acceptable for me to do. It was wrong for me to make the above comment, and I shall strive to ensure it does not happen, or any other rule-breaking in the future. I do not claim that the ban was unjust, or unreasonable, and I do not condone my past behavior. Honestly, I did something wrong that broke the listed rules, as well as the rules followed in society, by exclaiming the above phrase.

Anything else we should know: 

I understand the reasoning behind the ban, and do not contest it. I would understand if my ban would stand for a few days to ensure a point is made regarding my behavior. Of course, I enjoy playing SS14 and would love to be unbanned as soon as possible. I can state that the phrase was a reflection of my beliefs, but I can understand why this would not be believed at this time. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, moony said:

So something important to understand is that rule 7 applies always, even to your character, and even in made up scenarios (i.e. speciesism is not permitted under any circumstances)

Of course, and I regret saying that it was a bad joke in the initial chat. I should have apologized and not tried to justify my behavior. I don't know what else you can see, but I have not committed/been banned for any other discriminatory acts/language or rule-breaking. I understand that this was a a severe warning, and I strongly believe that I will have no other issues if unbanned. 

• moony locked this topic