Ban Appeal

ailenhomeboy

SS14 account: Ailenhomeboy
Character name:  Wolfgang Pauli
When was the ban: March 7, 2022 

Server you were playing on when banned: Wizards Den

Your side of the story: Yesterday when attempting to log in I had a ban for the use of profanity (f-slur). I put off doing a ban appeal until today. When i tried to login today it said I was banned for being "Alt of frank_reynolds". I probably did use profanity and it's something I'm working on and should make ammends for. But I'm not an alt, frank_reynolds is my older brother and we live in the same house. Maybe this is a part of the misunderstanding.
Why you think you should be unbanned:  I'm not an alt but i live with my brother (frank_reynolds) maybe there is some confusion with the ban? Regarding the profanity I don't deserve to be unbanned, but instead recieve a limited ban (week+?)
Anything else we should know: I enjoy this game and participating in the vending machine religion (not a cult). While I deserve to be punished for the use of profanity I would like the opportunity to rejoin the community once I've had the chance to dwell on my actions. If there's anything you need to prove I'm not an alt, let me know. Maybe I can hop on discord and we can sort something out.

notice.png

We have you using a VPN (Tunnelbear) to bypass the ban on record. Do you really want to use the brother excuse. If your brother used your computer to bypass the ban, then you need to keep them out of your computer and account, as we hold you responsible for all activity on it.

Edited by moony

Not an alt and I stick by that. I'm not Frank Reynolds and I don't use his computer to game.

I'll admit it; I did try to bypass the ban. When struck with perma-ban for an offence (f-slur) I don't believe I committed, I gave it a shot. And from what I gather on this forum it's basically what everyone else who gets such a severe ban tried.

Now I can repent for the profanity, if I did as such. But if you want fewer people playing this game because they failed at skirting your ban, thats your choice. My suggestion for player retention would be a week or two ban for profanity like most games. Then they wouldn't feel the need to try to get onto their game via the only active server. They'd just bite the two week ban and learn a lesson, come back, and be more productive community members.

So you want me to grovel? Whats the deal here? It's like you don't even want people to play this game. If slurs are offensive then censor them. Or maybe its preferable that the game never grows. Like I'll take a reasonable punishment, but turning on a VPN is hardly l33t haxx0r. 

• Haha 1

• Game Admin

What we don't want is people that are untrustworthy, and you have proven us than you are one of them, with not one, but two alt account attempts, if you genuinely think that your suggestion will help us out, perhaps you should suggest yourself not to try and bypass a ban and this could have ended earlier, have some common sense, the rules clearly state that slurs, hate speech, and bigotry are not allowed, the fact that you were able to say it is not our fault, it is yours for not reading or simply ignoring them.

Untitled.png.9e853c6ccbe5a00294553aa0069ba2ca.png

• Project Manager
2 hours ago, ailenhomeboy said:

Not an alt and I stick by that. I'm not Frank Reynolds and I don't use his computer to game.

I'll admit it; I did try to bypass the ban. When struck with perma-ban for an offence (f-slur) I don't believe I committed, I gave it a shot. And from what I gather on this forum it's basically what everyone else who gets such a severe ban tried.

Now I can repent for the profanity, if I did as such. But if you want fewer people playing this game because they failed at skirting your ban, thats your choice. My suggestion for player retention would be a week or two ban for profanity like most games. Then they wouldn't feel the need to try to get onto their game via the only active server. They'd just bite the two week ban and learn a lesson, come back, and be more productive community members.

Several things wrong with this:

1. Just because others do something doesn't excuse your own behavior.

2. Actually slurs are only a few days long at most if the offending party apologises. They don't get given a 1 or 2 week ban so they actually try to reform and don't just ignore the ban. Anyone dumb enough to try evading doesn't seem like they'd be very useful for playtesting.

• moony locked this topic