Jump to content

Game ban


xTomo
 Share

Recommended Posts

SS14 account:  xTomo
Character name:  Joe Mugan
When was the ban: Yesterday - March 5.2022

Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard´s Den Lizard [ US West]
Your side of the story: I was playing with my friend but he went to play another game and i was about to go too, so we hoped on call and he told me to kill him in the game, so i did and then admin asked my why i did that so i explained and he told me metacomms and killing people after they leave was against rules. Then i left and when i tried to connect the next day i was banned for metacomms.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was in call with my friend after he left the game, we were not putting anyone to disadvantage with our call and i was about to leave anyway. We were not using that call to cheat or do anything bad. We did not call durning the whole game. I did not meant to cause any harm with that. And when he asked me to kill him i did just for fun. I did not hurt anyone else. He left anyway and was not coming back.  I really like this game and like to play it on regural basis. Perma ban is just too much i think.

Anything else we should know: I have to check out rules more reguraly, to see if anything changed. Thats my bad. We also were not calling or using any other mettacoms durning any other game of SS14 we were playing together.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Stealth16 said:

I’m confused. Why did you need to kill your friend ingame? I can’t think of a reason your friend would need to call you on to the server to kill them.

We were gonna play another game so we started to call and he asked me to kill him for fun. Please Im okay with maybe a week ban but not perma please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just look around the forums and noticed that trying to playing with another account after being banned is bad too. 

Ok i tried to do it but i wasnt expecting it to work. I was just shocked when i saw the ban and  this seemed natural for me to try. I didnt realized it was bad. It didnt work anyway. I hope you will understand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, xTomo said:

I just look around the forums and noticed that trying to playing with another account after being banned is bad too. 

Ok i tried to do it but i wasnt expecting it to work. I was just shocked when i saw the ban and  this seemed natural for me to try. I didnt realized it was bad. It didnt work anyway. I hope you will understand. 

You... didn't think that trying to sidestep the punishment for breaking the rules was bad?

Edited by Stealth16

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stealth16 said:

You... didn't think that trying to sidestep the punishment for breaking the rules was bad?

As i said i was panicked and didnt really expected it to work. I just wanted to play the game and this was the first think i thought of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, xTomo said:

As i said i was panicked and didnt really expected it to work. I just wanted to play the game and this was the first think i thought of. 

I didnt thought really much about it if its bad or not and didnt thought it could get me in trouble. I just figured out ill try just in case. Yeah, it was pretty stupid of me i should have just checked out the formus first. But i would also like to ask, why do people get in trouble for it, when it doesnt work anyway? 

Edited by xTomo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xTomo said:

I didnt thought really much about it if its bad or not and didnt thought it could get me in trouble. I just figured out ill try just in case. Yeah, it was pretty stupid of me i should have just checked out the formus first. But i would also like to ask, why do people get in trouble for it, when it doesnt work anyway? 

Because it shows further disregard for the rules. You’re trying to circumvent the punishment for breaking the rules. We don’t want to put people who continually break the rules back in the game.

Draw a parallel to “time out” when you were a kid. If a kid gets put in time out and tries to leave time out, then they get more time out. Same principle here. Doesn’t matter if you succeeded or not. The fact that you tried is the issue.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Stealth16 said:

Because it shows further disregard for the rules. You’re trying to circumvent the punishment for breaking the rules. We don’t want to put people who continually break the rules back in the game.

Draw a parallel to “time out” when you were a kid. If a kid gets put in time out and tries to leave time out, then they get more time out. Same principle here. Doesn’t matter if you succeeded or not. The fact that you tried is the issue. 

Ok i messed up. But im not genneraly a rule breaker. I like to play the game, meet interesting people, see all the bizzare situations. I just made a few bad decision. I hope you can forgive me and maybe relieve my permanent ban to maybe a month or 2 ban. Im okay with some punishment, but i really like the game and would like to play it again. 

Edited by xTomo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Appeal accepted.

As I said to your friend, any meta com is still meta com so don't do it. Also trying to circumvent a ban is even more serious so any more cases of either and it will be a perma ban with potential for no appeal.

In future if you leave the game either just leave peacefully or put yourself in dorms / cryo if the map has it.

  • Thanks 1

Chief ideaguy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...