Kroma Admin Application.

Kroma

In-game Username: Kroma
Discord username: Kroma#8768
Characters you play: Keira Cox (it's my most "go to" character i got a few others that i barely play)
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14?
Steam "Play time" Says 910 hours, i think i got a problem (joined around september 2021)

How many hours are you available per day:
My life isn't so very eventfull so I got time to play a lot and i enjoy it most of the times

Days you are available on:
I am getting a new position at work will make me able to play less but on my free time I play games all the time. When my work hours change my free time is basically evenings past 17:00 CET Mon-Thurs and fridays i'm free all day.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:
Never played SS13 becuase i pre occupied with other games but it did peak my interest. I used to be admin on a mincraft server though and the owner was pleased with performance with keeping the bad people out

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before?
Not that I know of.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
Admins are supposed to make sure that the flow of a round isn't disrupted by toxic people doing everything in their power to break rules and disrupt that flow. Admins should also data log issues found on the server while a massive issue is happening and perhaps even forward some game breaking buggs that has been ahelped. But I do believe that admins primary job is to make sure that people follow the rules, and i believe just having admin presence on a server at all time will encourage people to be less rule breaking. And when there is a potential rule breaker i think players should be met with an admin in the ahelp and not a message that there's no admin online right now and message has been forwarded to discord. Generaly a presence by an admin at all time i think would cut down the rule breaking a lot.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?
Personally I feel like the roleplay rules could be stricter but i get why they are the way they are. Not everyone has the ability get into a character and play that character. I always try to commit to the "new round new life" rule most of the time but if i got friends around it's hard to commit to that sometimes but i try my best. I do feel like some people just doesn't respect the LRP rules enough and always go around and OOC talk in local chat all the time, so i would say an admins job in that situation is probably try to nudge players into trying to RP a little more other than just constantly OOC talking. In some instances when i try to roleplay with people they just say "cringe rp" and walk away, and even at some points I RP with traitors that i know in OOC are traitors but i've not seen them do things IC yet (a good example is one of the reasons why centcom suit was removed, i (as captain) was roleplaying with a centcom official and then CMO came and vaild hunted the centom official, i'm sure you know the story)

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
At first i didn't want to apply to be admin becuase i know that once you do you the game becomes more of a job and could potentialy not make the game fun for me in the future. But as stated above i do think an admin presence would make people feel more weary about breaking the rules. The main reason I'm applying is mostly becuase of the rampant self antaging drone problem that's going on right now on the servers. I dont want this game to lose it's community becuase a few bad apples are doing as they please and pushing legitimate players away by playing in a toxic way.

• Like 2