Todd - Majoron

Majoron

SS14 account: Majoron
Character name: Clive Clewett (I think)
When was the ban: 26/02/2022
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I was playing as traitor and had a task to kill another traitor. The traitor I killed got revived and confronted me about it, I said something along the lines of 'nigga it was my task.' I was banned for using a 'racial slur.'
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think this is an unfair ban. I was using the term in the same way I address my friends, it was not used in a racist or derogatory way. I was not insulting the other player, it was a form of address (other people might say 'bro' or 'dude'). I did not receive a warning before I was banned. I think that a permaban with no warning is grossly disproportionate.
Anything else we should know: I am black.

Multiple things here.

• When you join the server for the first time you accept the rules.
  • One of those rules is to not use slurs or things other people might find offensive.
  • Therefore, just because you might say it in real life doesn't mean other people won't find it offensive. You might speak to your friends that way but you wouldn't speak to strangers that way.

To summarise that, we have a hard stance on using slurs so regardless if it's okay in your home country or it's "RP", it's a no no. You can get by using another word just fine. Also your final comment on your appeal is irrelevant to your appeal. It hasn't worked for anyone else and it won't ever work as an excuse for saying something that for large parts of the world is unacceptable.

All that said, I'll unban on this occasion as I think you've got the message and you're a pretty upstanding players from what I can see.

Chief ideaguy