Seija Admin Application

Seija

In-Game Username: Seija

Discord Username: 『Seija』#0001 

Characters You Play: Ani Winters

How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14: I played SS13 for about a year back in 2013, and on and off since then. I've been playing 14 for a month, and rather consistently, usually at least one or two rounds a day, more when I have the time. I think my total playtime is somewhere at 60-70 hours, but I'll definitely rack up more.

How many hours are you available per day: This varies due to the nature of my job, but I usually have a good six hours or more in the evening where I'd be available on the weekdays, and I'm available all day during weekends.

Days you are available on: Pretty much every day, aside from the times in the day when I'm working. But even then since I work from home some days, I can manage some time then for things.

Have you ever been banned from our server or SS13 servers before: No.

Prior administration experience: Administering games? None. I however, am a sysadmin for the company I work for, and on top of maintaining the backend hardware and servers, and sourcing hardware and the like, I take care of issues and requests directly from our employees whenever they have technical issues. I'm a customer service agent with more responsibility I guess. At least that's what it feels like. Don't know if this will be useful for administration here, but I'm quite used to dealing with unruly people and their grievances. Usually they just yell at us in IT or complain that their hardware is shit though, we don't really hear about the disputes they have with one another. 

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers: Administrators are the face of the game. They're the people that new and old players look to for advice, or to handle issues that arise. There's a delicate, thin line they have to walk that can severely affect the server's reputation. The way they handle issues and situations that arise can set an image, good or bad, set a tone for what they will think and feel about the rest of the staff or the server itself. A bad interaction can lead to someone resenting admins, disregarding the rules, and causing the other members of the team undue stress from the flak they get as a result of this. It's important to deal with each issue as professionally as possible. 

Aside from that there's the actual administration aspect to adminning. Enforcing the rules. Maintaining servers. mending issues and responding to ahelps, the usual, expected, surface level tasks we see. However I'm sure there's other tasks they have to handle that we don't see and I don't know about.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server: I've largely had a good time with it. I've seen some great players, who try their best to actually have a scenario play out, or make fun, and interesting events as a response to the current situation of the station. I don't think every traitor treats their role like a deathmatch and blasts their way to victory. Some try to talk or go about it in interesting ways --  of course, I have certainly seen bad/no roleplay, and terrible T's. But I do think that the good largely outweighs the bad. I feel like there's a great potential for this to grow into something better. 

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14: I honestly just want to help out. Not even necessarily as a game admin, but just with whatever I can. As a long time fan of 13, I'm really glad to see people making an honest effort to give it a new life in 14. I've had a hard time getting back into playing 13 after my old server went down, but I've had too many fond memories, and have looked for the means to get back into it since. Since I started playtesting, I've been kind of blown away with what's been done here, despite al the things yet undone. Though I can't code yet or contribute in that regard, I want to help further the development of this along however I can. Even if it's just doing things like I normally do at my real job.

I initially took this down after some hesitation, but after talking about it a bit more, I think I'll put it back up and see where it goes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1