juan00045 - Ban appeal for VPN usage

juan00045

Ban reason: "You are connecting through a datacenter or VPN. For administrative reasons we do not allow VPN Connections to play. This is not a permanent record against your account, turning off your VPN is sufficient. If you have a technical issue and need a VPN to be able to play, you can request an exemption at forum.ss14.io"

Length of ban: Uncertain/indefinite?

Events leading to the ban:  I logged into SS14 using a VPN, because i was having problems connecting to any servers, i reached out to maintainers on the SS14 discord server, and one of them suggested trying to use a VPN to resolve the issue, after using a VPN (proton VPN) to log in i was shown the VPN ban message, I think I can play without a VPN the connection issue looks to have been temporary.

Reason the ban should be removed: I was unaware of any restrictions on using VPNs, and i was instructed to try using a VPN to resolve a technical problem i was having by a maintainer from the SS14 discord server, I will try to get a VPN exemption if i have the problem again in the future.

2 hours ago, juan00045 said:

Ban reason: "You are connecting through a datacenter or VPN. For administrative reasons we do not allow VPN Connections to play. This is not a permanent record against your account, turning off your VPN is sufficient. If you have a technical issue and need a VPN to be able to play, you can request an exemption at forum.ss14.io"

Length of ban: Uncertain/indefinite?

Events leading to the ban:  I logged into SS14 using a VPN, because i was having problems connecting to any servers, i reached out to maintainers on the SS14 discord server, and one of them suggested trying to use a VPN to resolve the issue, after using a VPN (proton VPN) to log in i was shown the VPN ban message, I think I can play without a VPN the connection issue looks to have been temporary.

Reason the ban should be removed: I was unaware of any restrictions on using VPNs, and i was instructed to try using a VPN to resolve a technical problem i was having by a maintainer from the SS14 discord server, I will try to get a VPN exemption if i have the problem again in the future.

I  have learned after posting this that data center bans aren't tied to my account and that just disabling the VPN is enough to get rid of it, I am unsure how to close this topic or if i even can do so myself, but the issue is resolved and it can be closed with no further attention.