Bumblemore's appeal for use of ERP (sexual joke)

= For game bans =

Ban reason: 

ERP, saying "Suck uncle Johnny's dick, pun pun" and "go on, give it a suck"

Length of ban:

Permanent/Appeal only

Events leading to the ban:

I was hanging out as the chaplain (Johnny Wilkinson) round the bar, playing MIDIs on my saxophone. Pun-pun the monkey was dancing to my MIDIs and the bartender, Gertrude Lee, was serving drinks.

I said, "Give me a hug, pun pun", and he hugged me, at this point I conceived the idea for a rude joke.

So I said "Give me a kiss, pun pun" and he kissed me on the cheek.

Not quite aware that what I was saying classified as ERP, and not aware of how the receiving player must have felt, I said:

"Suck uncle johnny's dick, pun pun" and continued, "go on, give it a suck"

At this point Pun-pun began to cry and I apologized for what I'd said, even though I am fully aware that an apology is not enough to heal a wound if I indeed made a player distressed.

Reason the ban should be removed:

In hindsight, I can well see how what I said could be classified as sexual abuse. I am aware of the distress I caused the receiving player, and can fully respect the issue of the ban.

I've been a player of SS13 since 2008, and am ecstatic to see the game's evolution over the years, moving onto a major platform like Steam.

I would like to clarify that I am not a sexually-orientated man, and do not take any perverse pleasure from the things I say. I made a joke in very, very poor taste, and was somewhat aware of the grief this could cause, but blinded by the impulse to make a dark joke.

I would like to express a sincere apology to the player playing Pun-pun in this round, and I fully understand if the SS13 Staff choose not to revoke this ban. It was in very poor taste, and I did not take any pleasure from their distress. If I could take back my actions, I would.

If this is the end of my time in "Wizards den" then I fully understand the reasoning for this ban. However, if the staff should choose to reconsider my removal from the server, I promise that I am not a sexually-orientated person, and this is the last time they will see a joke in such poor taste from me. Otherwise I'll say "Goodbye" and "Thanks for getting the legendary game on Steam!!" (!!!!)

-Bumblemore (Johnny)

SS14.png

I've also learnt since then that there are possibly minors present on the server, which makes me feel very irresponsible for what I said. I was under the impression that the 16+ rule would filter out all the kids, but if a kid heard what I said, that obviously makes me feel very embarrassed and irresponsible.

I'd like to repeat that I fully respect the issue of the ban, and can see now why it should stay in place. I can try to find an exclusively mature server to play on, but still I realize I've got to be aware now that kids can sneak into places they're not allowed, and I don't want to be setting them such a poor example.

• Game Admin

This has been put to an admin discussion and vote of which we have come to the consensus to reduce the ban from indefinite to 3 weeks.

The reasons provided in the discussion for this decision were the following:
- On the more severe end of the spectrum for sexual content.

Appeal Accepted - Reduced ban ending on 30th March 2024