smellberg - unfair ban after apparently reoffending

smellberg

Just to preface this appeal, I was originally going to make this an admin complaint against Gtheglorious, but upon checking the admin complaints section it seems they're no longer an admin, so I'm making this an appeal instead. I also waited like a month before making this appeal because the unfair scrutinization and complete miscontextualization felt targeted, which kind of kills the will to play.

Ban Reason: According to Gtheglorious, pretending to be an antag by wearing boxing gloves and the tactical maid outfit (From the syndie puddle on bagel)

Length of ban: appeal

Events leading to ban: During a shift on bagel I looted the syndie puddle for the maid outfit, ordered boxing gloves from cargo with the intention to start an underground boxing club. This was after recently being unbanned for pretending to be a revolutionary.

Reason the ban should be removed: At no point during the shift did I pretend to be an antag, G claimed that the tactical maid outfit looked like antag gear as part of their reasoning to ban me. This is completely unfair, especially considering antags can't even purchase the tactical maid outfit. Not only this, but syndie pyjamas are actively available as maints loot, so would I be pretending to be an antag if I wore syndie pyjamas I found in maints? Not only this, but they claimed that I was wearing boxing gloves with the intent to pretend to be an antag, which is completely untrue. All in all, the only conclusion I can come to is that G specifically targeted me and purposefully miscontextualized all my actions that shift with the explicit intention to ban me. This, of course, may not be the case, but it's hard for me to come to any other conclusion.

• Game Admin

This has been put to an admin discussion and vote of which we have come to the consensus to remove the ban.

The reasons provided in the discussion for this decision were the following:
- Seemed like a heavy handed ban.
- Not within scope of banning policy for this level of ban.

Appeal accepted - Ban Removed.