Erroneous ban? - Pedro43

Pedro43

SS14 account: Pedro43
Byond account: Pedro43
Character name: Can't recall - likely one of the random generated ingame names
When was the ban: Apparently today (09-02) or yesterday (08-02)
Server you were playing on when banned: None. Although the last server I played on was Lizard.
Your side of the story: I have no idea why I'm banned to be honest. The ban reason is "metagrudging + extensive self-antagging that escalated to blowing a hole in the brig". I have not metagrudged anybody in this game ever and I sure have never blown up any holes in the brig, or really anywhere else in the station. It seems you have made some kind of confusion and banned the wrong player here.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Assuming you have indeed not mistaken me for somebody else and intended to ban me, maybe you could be referring to a round where I did prank the crew as the clown and ended up butting heads with a warden that I did think was not doing a good job, to say the least, as he did want to perma me and/or execute me on a 1st offence. But some people would disagree, whatever, let's say he was in the right and I'm in the wrong; I have not metagrudged him following that at all, especially since I played other rounds after that one and, again, didn't metagrudge by going after him or whatever (he was playing on those following rounds as well). In that round I also did end up throwing a foam grenade into the brig, if that's what warrants this ban then, again, I have not blown up any holes in the brig or anywhere in the station whatsoever, and all that act of mine did was fill in the brig with foam that was destroyed in ~2 minutes, literally. Regarding the "extensive self-antagging"... I do like to play clown a lot, and in typical SS13 clown fashion I like to prank the crew and do numerous harmless shenanigans and whatnot, and I would not classify that as self-antagging as I do not ever deliberately try to harm the crew and I also am quick to stop the clowning around and help them against outside threats such as traitors. I guess I do might impede them of doing their jobs momentarily sometimes, like when I threw the foam grenade, but we're talking about acts that make them not do their jobs for literally a minute or two, and when the station is completely calm anyways. I mean, I literally have several videos uploaded of me doing these clown behaviors and always advertised them on the discord channel, and not once was I told they were "self-antagging" by any staff (yes, staff members have watched them). Sorry, I'm not sure what's going on here. 
Anything else we should know: 

This is the second time I am banned for reasons that are not entirely clear even to the staff members themselves. It is truly sad to see that it seems someone's personal agenda against me is so big they would rather immediately ban me for hearsay rather than checking the facts beforehand. At the very least I would've expected my ban appeal to be given a read, especially when the very reason I was banned for is factually false, but much like before someone captures the very first excuse they can find to make me unable to play the game for over a week. I wish the best of luck to the development of SS14, and I truly honestly wish that one day you will realize that staff members' bias against specific players, on the long run, is only detrimental to the community as a whole.

• Haha 1

• Project Manager
58 minutes ago, Pedro43 said:

This is the second time I am banned for reasons that are not entirely clear even to the staff members themselves. It is truly sad to see that it seems someone's personal agenda against me is so big they would rather immediately ban me for hearsay rather than checking the facts beforehand. At the very least I would've expected my ban appeal to be given a read, especially when the very reason I was banned for is factually false, but much like before someone captures the very first excuse they can find to make me unable to play the game for over a week. I wish the best of luck to the development of SS14, and I truly honestly wish that one day you will realize that staff members' bias against specific players, on the long run, is only detrimental to the community as a whole.

If you really didn't want your ban appeal to be looked at you should've said so earlier mate.