AWHayes Admin Application

AWHayes

In-game Username: AWHayes
Discord username: AWH#9735
Characters you play:  Salvador Shaffer
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14?

SS14 for about a week now, 13 for a few years but just recently got back into the genre.

How many hours are you available per day: 1.5-3.5
Days you are available on: Mostly weekdays/nights (EST)

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:

No prior SS13 admin experience, but i've helped manage MC RP communities several times, some self-hosted, others not. And not that it applies to vidya but I've managed coffee shops, so I feel like I have very practical experience in conflict resolution and interacting with the public on a professional but still personable level.

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before?

Nope, I am a good cookie.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

In my opinion, Game Admin's role is to ensure rounds run smoothly OOCly by making sure rules are followed by the player-base. It needs to be done constantly, and without bias, to ensure that everyone has the same opportunities to have a good time playing. They also help keep rounds interesting by hosting custom events and (fair and reasonable) curve balls all in the name of giving people good stories, all while trying to smooth over any player issues.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

It's LRP, and while I prefer MRP, it's not bad! You, of course, have people that love to metagame or self-antag, or just treat it as a sandbox with no regard to the actual round, but it isn't every round and is definitely outweighed by the people who want to have a good time not at other's expense. I've seen a few folks express that it seems to be a playerbase issue that could be helped with more staff, and that's part of my reasoning for applying, because, why not help out if you can, and have experience to feel confident in the role?

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

This is one I kinda mentioned up there, and that really sparked it for me, but also like, it's Space Station 14! When I say i've spent HOURS playing various SS13 servers (Mostly Med-HighRP) and always throughout the years I'd always imagine what the next iteration would look like as I slowly lost interest in the game. But now I've found 14 and I am so thrilled, and would love for an opportunity to help keep the community thriving and making good environments for people to get into the game!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...